Chapter 15: (Y/n)

I was spinning. Continuously spinning. Never stopping. Never ending.

Until it did stop. Until it did end. Until I wasn't spinning.

I was lying in the red flower field again. (E/c) eyes looked at me from above. (H/l) (h/c) hair sawing in front of my face.

"Hello, again." I greeted. "I never got what you said last time we met, who are you?"

"I'm you." They said after a long moment of silence. "I helped you look through those magic books."

"Oh." I couldn't get my head around that there was another me inside my head, and why were they wearing an army uniform and were all bloodied like that?

"Do you believe in time travel?" She asked.

"Uh. Well Arthur tried to do some before, I'm not sure if it worked."

"Well, whether you believe it or not. I'm you, from another timeline."

"Huh?"

"I know it's hard to understand but I'm you. My consciousness has been put into your mind and now we both share this body."

"Ok..." I tried to wrap my head around this whole thing. "You're not going to try to take over my... Er... our body are you?"

"No, I don't want to do that. I'm quite happy living my life like this, in this field of flowers thinking over all the stuff I've done in my past life. England... uh... Arthur on the other hand is trying to make me become the dominant consciousness, or fuse us together so both of our memories become one."

"What did you do in your past life?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"Lots of bad things. I don't want you to have to remember any of them. I hurt a lot of people."

"If we're in the same body then how come I can only talk to you now?"

"I only exist when you're in a dream like state. Like now while you're unconscious. Or when you were so focused on looking through those magic books that you used your entire brain, instead of just the parts open to you."

"I'm still so confused." I admitted.

"I know it's a little confusing, but you don't really have to worry about it. I'm not even sure if you'll even remember this."

"Are you a human?" I asked, although I'm not even sure why I was asking it was pretty obvious.

"Um, sort of. I'm the personalisation of a county. A long dead country now. I'm the country of (Y/n)."

"(Y-Y/n)?"

"Yeah. I'm glad that I don't exist anymore. England's doing a better job than I did at taking care of all the people there. It's better this way."

"Do you really think so? Don't you have people missing you? Don't you want to go meet them again, talk to them again."

"Sometimes, but, I don't think I have the right to talk to them as friends, especially after all this time, and all the horrible stuff I did to them."

"I feel bad." I said. "Like I've stolen your place."

"What, no, don't feel like that." The woman, or (Y/n), or me, or however I describe her as knelt down beside me. "It's more like I'm the imposter."

Her burnt hands held my smooth ones.

"Hey, my hands aren't burnt anymore." I smiled.

"Yeah, Engla-Arthur managed to merge our bodies together but don't worry. I'll try my absolute best to make sure he doesn't merge our minds. I want us... no... you... I want you to start off as a whole new person without having to hold the dread on sins pulling you down like they are me."

My eyes filled with tears. Why was this person so nice? Why did they want to sacrifice themselves so that I can live instead of them when it was obviously me who stole their life from them.

"I think it's time for you to go now. Cana-Matthew's waiting for you." She said and everything started to fade back to black. I slowly opened my eyes.

What did I dream about? I couldn't remember but, tears were rolling down my face anyway.