Chapter 17: England

I woke up and picked up my magic book. Then I walked over to the telephone and dialed (Y/n)'s number. I hope she was home. She picked up after the fourth ring.

"Hello?" (Y/n) replied, sounding drowsy.

"I hope I didn't wake you up, love." I replied.

"No, no it's ok. I probably should've been awake before, what do you want to talk about?"

"I was wondering if I could come over sometime this afternoon if it suits you." I asked, I saw America glaring at me, he knew what I was planning to do and he did not agree to it but I wasn't going to stop trying to get (Y/n) back.

"Yeah, that's good. I'll see you then." (Y/n) hung up not long afterward.

"Dude, this is so not a good idea." America said.

"I'm going to get (Y/n) back even if it's the last thing I do." I replied turning my back on America to go make some breakfast.

"But you've already got a (Y/n)." I could hear America mumble.

I looked around in the pantry for something to eat, I didn't really feel like baking, plus it'd probably just come out burnt anyway. I saw some cereal so I grabbed it. It wasn't the best meal for a gentleman but it'd have to do for now, after all I'm not planning to be a very good gentleman today.

I poured the cereal into the bowl, then poured the milk. Somehow, even though I was sure I was being super careful the milk still spilt over the side and got all over the counter top. I grumbled and took a rag and wiped it clean.

Today felt cursed, and it had every right to be, because I was going to do something so ungentlemanly-like and I was probably going to regret it, but it was for (Y/n). Whether she liked it or not this was for her.

After lunch, I bid America fair well as I went and drove off the (Y/n)'s house. America was midway through packing his things for his trip home. He was going to leave, I was going to be alone again. No, if I bring (Y/n) back then she'll be there with me, I won't be alone this time and not ever.

I knocked on (Y/n)'s door and she opened it.

"Good afternoon love, how are you today." I asked.

"I'm pretty good, although I've been a bit lonely. Garry went off to go spend some time with his friends. I'm glad you came over." She replied, a smile on her face.

That smile could brighten up anyone's day.

"Would you like to have some tea?" (Y/n) asked.

"Yes, of course." I replied as (Y/n) let me inside her run-down little house.

"Oh, you brought one of your spell books with you... Were you... planning to show me something?" (Y/n) asked.

"Y-yeah, sort of." I replied.

"I'd love to see it. I bet it'd be amazing." (Y/n) said. "Here's your tea as well."

"Thank you." I replied. I took a sip of the tea and it was probably the best tea I'd ever drunken.

"So, what brings you here? Did you want to catch up or maybe just hang out?" (Y/n) asked.

I put my drink down and took out a piece of chalk.

"This has been nice, it really has. But I'm going to need to show you this spell now." I didn't mean for my words to come out as creepily as they had, but they had and I can't undo that.

"H-Huh? Arthur, stop being so weird. Haha." (Y/n) tried to awkwardly laugh it off.

I drew the conscience merging magic circle on the table. Good thing Garry wasn't here, he can't get in my way.