Chapter 1: England

(Y/n) led me around the festival and I couldn't figure out how she was here. She died, I saw it. I'd never seen a country die before and I didn't know what happened after a country died but she was definitely here. The name, the appearance, heck even the finger guns were a thing. I looked over at (Y/n) who was holding my hand and leading me through the crowds.

Should I ask her a question about her past? Should I ask how she's even here?

She seemed to recognize me so she must have some memories.

"Now this is Garry's favourite place. We always joke about how that statue looks so much like him." She giggled. "It's a statue to pay tribute to a fallen soldier who fought beside the commander. He died a few years after the country was colonized. Nobody knows why."

She led me closer toward it and pointed to the plack.

"Look, they even share the same name!" She laughed. I looked over at Garry and he had a slight smile on his face. He didn't talk much but I knew he was judging me. "What a coincidence! I'm named after this country and he's named after a veteran soldier!"

"At least I have a more normal name." Garry said in a monotone voice. (Y/n) laughed.

"That's true!" (Y/n) replied. (Y/n) looked over at me. "To be honest I think Arthur is the best name out of all of us."

Garry nodded.

"No, no! I think your name is beautiful (Y/n)!" I replied, trying to take the focus off of me. (Y/n) laughed again.

"If you think, being named after a country is a beautiful thing then, thank you." (Y/n) said. Then she mumbled. "Even if it was a country that couldn't look after it's own people."

(Y/n) smiled and took my hand again. She led me to an area with lots of stalls.

"And this is my favourite place! It has all the food and other random nick nacks people sell." (Y/n) Exclaimed. "And everyone likes food!"

I took a glimpse at all the different types of food. There was some English food and then some native food that (Y/n) liked to cook back when she lived at my house. My eyes started watering again. I looked over at the stall selling (favourite food) and it made my eyes start to water.

"What do you want first?" (Y/n) asked. I pointed to the (favourite food). (Y/n) gasped. "You like (favourite food) too! It's my favourite!"

She bounced over to the stall owner and slammed down some money.

"Can I have two boxes of (favourite food) please." (Y/n) asked. Garry poked her shoulder. "Ah, er, make that three boxes."

After a few moments (Y/n) bounced back over and handed me a box of (favourite food).

"T-thank you, (Y/n)." I replied.

(Y/n) dragged me around the rest of the festival until the day began to end.

"Alright! The last thing, the fireworks. This is my second favourite part. It's not only fireworks, it's fireworks that show how much we appreciate being a part of England!" (Y/n) said. I nodded.

The first firework went up. It was (Y/n)'s old flag before colonization. The second firework was the union jack, my flag. There were fireworks that looked like knives and guns to show the battle that let me take over. Some fireworks were red splatters to show the bloodshed. Others were more of my flag. It was incredible but it also reminded me of the old (Y/n) and how I killed her.

"(Y-y/n)?" I asked, my voice shakey from my sadness.

"Mhmm?" (Y/n) asked back.

"Do you believe in... uh... reincarnation?" I asked. (Y/n) looked at me.

"I don't know. Garry could be a reincarnation of that soldier guy. But maybe the appearance and the name are all just coincidences. Why do you ask?" (Y/n) replied.

"I... this might sound stupid. But I think you're a reincarnation of someone that I used to know." I replied.

"Oh, well. I could be." (Y/n) stood up. "But we'll never know for sure."

The fireworks had ended and (Y/n) started walking off, Garry followed behind her.

I can't lose her. Not again. Even if they aren't the same person. I just...

I felt someone grab my hand. I looked over and saw (Y/n) beside me.

"Did you think I'd really leave you alone, dumby?" (Y/n) jokingly asked. She pulled me along with her. "Do you want to come visit me and Garry's house?"

"Uh, s-sure." I replied.

"Don't get your Hope's up." Garry said while he turned and looked at me, walking backward.