12

The next day, as Addison walks into work, she approaches her boss, giving her a small grin.

"Hi honey," she says, smiling

"Hi," Addison smiles. "I was actually hoping I could talk to you for a moment before I start my shift."

She nods. "Absolutely, sweetie," she grins. "What's up?"

"Um, I'm actually moving. To the Las Angeles area," Addison tells her. "I'm not sure when yet but we're um looking at houses starting tomorrow, so..."

"You're moving in with Joe?" she asks, a smile playing on her lips.

Addison nods. "Yeah, yeah we're moving in together."

She smiles. "Well, although I'm sad to see you go, I know a few people in the Las Angeles area that I'm sure would love to have you. When you find out the exact area, let me know and I'll put in a good word for you."

"Really?" Addison asks, smiling wide.

"Of course!" she tells her, rubbing her arm soothingly. "Now get to work."

Addison laughs lightly, nodding and putting her things in the break room before starting her rounds and moving to her first table.

A few days later, on Addison's day off, she and Joe travel a bit, meeting with his realtor and looking at a couple houses.

The next day, they look at a couple more, finding one in particular that they both fall in love with.

"So, is this the house?" Joe asks after the realtor leaves them alone to explore a little more.

Addison grins, nodding. "This is the house."

"Boom!" he exclaims, reaching his arms out to his sides.

She laughs, hugging him.

After talking to the realtor about taking the next steps, Joe goes to the office with her while Addison takes the car back to her apartment, starting to pack the apartment up as she knows they'll be moving quickly. Joe goes on tour with DNCE soon and they had already talked about moving in before then if they could find a place... which they did.

Soon, Joe arrives, grinning at the fact that she already has started packing while he sets dinner on the counter.

"You started without me," he says, entering the bedroom.

She looks over, grinning. "Well, we have to pack up both of our homes and quickly, so I figured I should do some even when you're not around."

He chuckles. "I guess you're right."

"Did you pick up food? I smell like um..."

"Burgers?" Joe asks, raising his brows.

Her face lights up. "Yes."

He nods. "They're on the counter. Wanna eat now?"

She nods, walking over to the kitchen and grabbing the two take out containers before handing him the one that belongs to him.

They sit at the dining room table, eating their burgers and fries before beginning to pack again, wanting to get a good amount done.

Over the course of the next few days, the two of them start packing Joe's things, knowing they have until the end of the month to get all of Addison's things out of her apartment.

"I can't believe how perfect this timing is," Addison says, laughing lightly as she packs up part of the living room.

Joe nods. "I know right. By the time your rent for the month is up the house will be move in ready. Actually a few days sooner. Then I'll be off with DNCE."

"Yeah," she laughs lightly.

In all honesty, Addison was nervous about Joe going off and leaving right after they move in together. She hoped it wasn't going to be a foreshadowing of what their life would be like. Him always gone and all. Sure, it was his job but she hoped he'd still make time for her as he does now.

Meanwhile, Joe silently hoped Addison would ask to tag along on their tour. But he also didn't want to ask her. He had already asked for her to move in with him, he didn't want her to become overwhelmed.

The two of them were trying to keep boundaries. But the truth is, they had never truly talked about them. So how were they to know what they are?

***

this is an extremely short chapter

I'm sorry

please comment and vote

I promise a longer chapter next week

all my love,

shan:)