Day-O

Lydia watched with glee as Beetlejuice possessed her dad, Delia, Maxie, Maxine and the legal team and made them sing Day-O. It was hysterical. Her dad was never one for singing, but this was something Lydia would never let him forget.

"Maxie, I'm so sorry- if I'd known" said Charles helplessly as they danced the conga around the dining table.

"Shut up Chuck" said Maxie "You moron. A genuine haunted house, it's a gold mine"

"What no?" Beetlejuice's mouth dropped open and he let the possessing go. The guests started dancing all by themselves and Beetlejuice looked at Lydia "Sorry scarecrow"

"There's one thing that can still stop them," said Lydia. Beetlejuice's eyes widened and a grin broke out over his face. "You don't mean-"

"Beetlejuice!"

"Oh boy oh boy" Beetlejuice jumped onto the table where Lydia stood

"Beetlejuice" she sounded less sure of herself

"One more, I promise you'll never regret this" Lydia took a deep breath and looked her father straight in the eye.

"BEETLEJUICE!" she screamed. There was silence for a moment and then a gravely voice echoed around the room.

"It's showtime" Beetlejuice jumped off the table into the centre of the room "Welcome, welcome, welcome... can everybody see me?"

"RUN!" yelled Maxie. The whole room emerged into chaos. Everyone was running for the door and Beetlejuice summoned two massive hands and a massive version of his face. The hands were whacking people out the door and with a final "LYDIA!" Charles and Delia were pushed out the house. Lydia walked over to Beetlejuice.

"He's really gone"

"Oh yeah, it's our house now kid" Beetlejuice used his powers to turn the house into a red, green and yellow striped masterpiece and put his arm around Lydia's shoulders. "It's our house no kid!" Lydia grinned.

Next door, Adam and Barbara watched as the people poured out of the Deetz place and ran for their lives. The couple wondered what had happened. They'd spent the later afternoon and early evening at the hospital, getting checked over. Barbara had been freed of her cast and sling, and had a temporary cast on her arm while they reviewed the new x-rays they'd done that day.

"Lydia didn't leave," said Barbara once the Deetz car had sped off the road. "I want to go check on her"

"No using your arm" said Adam, grabbing a house key and walking towards the door "ok?"

"Fine," said Barbara. They left the house and as they approached the front door of the other one, they noticed the flashing lights coming from inside. "Uhh... what?" she looked at Adam "I have a bad feeling about this" said Adam, he took Barbara's hand in his "but we've gotta check on Lydia, right?"

"Right" agreed Barbara and she rang the doorbell. A second later the door opened and they were greeted by Lydia wearing a yellow dress, very different to her normal black attire.

"Adam! Barbara! Hi" she allowed them to come inside. The lights were all still flashing, which made Barbara feel slightly dizzy so she closed her eyes. "Oops, Beej, can you turn the house normal again?"

"Sure" said an unfamiliar voice, a man's voice, and the lights went normal. Barbara opened her eyes and looked round to see the guy in the striped suit standing on Lydia's slightly wrecked dining room table. "Hey Babs, Sexy"

"Uhh... what?" asked Adam, putting a hand on Barbara's waist, pulling her closer to him but in the process of it hiding slightly behind her. They both knew that Barbara was the one who was better at self defence and would not hesitate to kick a guy in the balls if she felt threatened by him. The guy jumped off the table and approached them. Barbara squared her shoulders up.

"Babs!" Beetlejuice grabbed Barbara from Adam and half dipped her into a squeaky kiss.

"Excuse me!" said Adam. grabbing his wife away from the stranger. She walked away wiping her mouth on the back of her hand.

"Boy do you know how to pick 'em or what?" Beetlejuice looked at Adam with a raised eyebrow and took a step closer to the man "Lemme ask you a question- guy talk- how'd you do it huh?" he bumped his elbow into Adam "How'd you get her to marry you?"

"Who are you?" asked Adam. He did wonder that sometimes, well all the time. Why Barbara had chosen him over others, he'd never know but he was grateful that she'd chosen him.

"Adam?" the guy's voice changed so it no longer sounded like it'd been mangled with a chainsaw "Adam you don't recognize me? I'm your father" Adam chuckled and looked over at his wife, who was still looking disgusted but gave him the smallest shrug.

"Dad?" asked Adam uncertainty, taking a step towards the guy

"You... are-" his voice changed back. "adorable" Adam was then dipped, much deeper than his wife, into a kiss. Then Adam was released and the three of them were brought back to reality by Lydia laughing.

"Beej, stop" said the teenager "guys, this is Beetlejuice. Although I call him Beej, makes it easier"

"Beetlejuice?" questioned Barbara, going over to her husband and standing next to him

"It's my middle name," explained Beetlejuice. Barbara looked confused but didn't pry any further. "Anyway, what you two sexy beings want with my pal?"

"Lydia, what happened here?" asked Barbara "and why did your parents-"

"Not parents" said Lydia firmly "Dad and Delia"

"Right, well... why did your father and Delia leave you all alone here, with this... uh... thing...?"

"Demon Babs" supplied Beetlejuice

"Demon" nodded Beetlejuice

"Well, Beetlejuice and I wrecked the dinner party, made them sing Day-O-"

"Oh I love that song" said Adam. Lydia couldn't help but smile at how dorky that guy was.

"You woulda loved this then" said Lydia "We made them sing it and they were all confused, but then Maxie said that a 'genuine haunted house' could make a fortune and that's when I snapped. I summoned Beej properly so he could be seen. They nearly wet their pants they were so scared. I'm happy with Beej though, and I can look after myself. Thanks for looking in guys"

"Lydia" said Barbara "are you sure you don't want to come back to ours? I don't exactly feel comfortable with you being here with this guy"

"Better" said Beetlejuice

"Barbara, I'm fine" said Lydia "But thanks for the offer, if I need anything or change my mind I'll come to you guys straight away, ok?" Barbara went to look at Adam, who shrugged in return. Barbara knew Lydia wasn't her child but she wanted to protect the girl at all costs.

"Fine" said Barbara "we'll be home tonight, but tomorrow we're at the hospital, I gotta get a new cast"

"Have fun," said Lydia. Adam and Barbara walked towards the door. "Bye! See you guys soon!"

"Bye" the Maitlands were just closing the door behind them when Barbara poked her head back in "Oh and Lydia?" the teen looked up "You look very nice in that dress, it suits you" then with a wave and a glance at Beetlejuice she shut the door and joined her husband. Lydia looked down at the dress she was wearing and couldn't keep the grin from spreading over her face.