Chapter 4~Left Out

I blink my eyes open, my weariness gone. I breathe deeply, realizing I am still in Fury's chair. I look out of the dark window, all of the stars twinkling in the night. I take a glance at my watch. 2:35 in the morning. Wow, I had slept. I stretch my arms up, but pull them down quick when I hear the clicking of leather boots behind me. I strain my trained ears to hear whatever the man was saying.

"What do you want, it's 3 in the morning. This better be good." That is Fury's voice, slightly groggy. I keep listening. I hear his conversation through my earpiece I was wearing. Let's just say it was an early birthday present from Agent Hill.

"Sir, he's woken up," the voice concludes. I frown. Woken up?

Fury stays silent for a moment.

"I'll be there in 3 hours," he is walking out of the room in a hurry. I get up quietly to follow him, staying in the shadows so the man at the steering controls won't notice me.

Fury is headed for the dock, his pace quickening. I hurry after him. Suddenly, he stops abruptly, turning around.

"Don't think I didn't notice you," he states pointedly. I sigh, crossing my arms, still slightly sleepy.

"What's going on?" I pester him. "Who's woken up?"

Fury holds up his hands in a surrender kind of way.

"You'll see when I get back," he reassures, turning around on his heel and continuing towards the dock. I tap my foot, slightly annoyed.

"When?" My voice echos down the hall slightly. Fury halts, but doesn't turn around.

"Soon," he continues walking. I huff, spinning around and heading back to my room. If he isn't going to tell me, fine. I can feel my sleepiness creeping back on me. I yawn, opening my door and laying on my bed, still with my comic books on it. I keep thinking about what Nick could be doing.

I am always left out on important things, like when a god landed in New Mexico. Didn't know about that until it was about half over.

Or, for instance, Tony Stark was captured by terrorists and rescued. I didn't know he was creating a suit of iron to conquer the terrorists until I asked Nat to tell me. That's me, just standing off to the side.

With all these thoughts whizzing through my head like torpedos, you'd think it'd be hard to go to sleep. All this thinking was exhausting me, though. I probably lay there for almost an hour, just listening to the slight hum of the engines and my thoughts spinning before drifting back into sleep.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°

"...woke up sooner than we thought last evening," someone says in my ear. I groan, slapping my ear to get rid of the voice. I try to ignore it, but then someone else pipes up.

"Is it too soon to bring him to base?" That sounds like Phil. An excited Phil. What the heck would he be so excited about at...I check my clock...7:00 in the morning?

"We're trying to ease him into his, new surroundings gently." Nick? Is he back?

I sit up in bed, rubbing the sleep out if my eyes. No one is in my room. Oh, duh. It was my earpiece. I remember how I had run into Fury last night, so I listen a bit more intently.

"Copy that, sir. Should I give the order?" After Phil says that, I hop out of bed and proceed to throw on my workout pants and favorite boots. They are leather, and they lace up to my knees. They click slightly as I walk around my room, strapping my new lightsaber to my utility belt. I rush to the control room, where I find Agent Hill.

"May I ask what, or who, 'woke up'?" I ask, air-quoting what Nick had said in my ear this morning. She doesn't even look up from her control screen.

"You'll see soon," I can tell she is smiling by the tone of her voice.

"Well, I'd like to do something of use," I complain, jutting my hip to one side. "Or I may just die of boredom," I add for emphasis.

Agent Hill lets out a short chuckle.

"Why don't you look for Phil or something? Maybe he'll take you on his mission," Agent Hill shrugs. I spot Phil below, so I swing over the railing and land next to him with a solid thud.

"Wanna take me with you?" I pester him as I match his brisk pace. He doesn't answer for a moment.

"I suppose, since your so stubborn and relentless," his eyes stay forward. I smile.

"I learned from the best," I give him a sideways glance, thinking about Natasha. I hope she's alright.

Phil and I hop in a jet and fly towards Manhatten. I fiddle with my lightsaber hilt, looking closely at it, making calculations about what it might be able to do.

"Where are we headed?" I wonder, picking at a spot on the metal that has scratched slightly. Phil is looking over the pilot's shoulder.

"The Stark Tower," he responds simply. I light up at that.

"Really? That building is amazing...one of the only buildings in clean energy at the moment," I recite. Phil laughs, shaking his head.

"You're too smart for you're own good."

"I get that a lot," I brush the comment off, clipping my lightsaber back to my belt as I feel the plane start to decline.

We land, stepping out of the jet. I walk slightly behind Coulson.

"Just...try not to say anything," Phil orders, clutching a clear glass screen. "Mr, Stark will cause nothing but trouble for you."

"Sounds like my kind of guy," I joke.

I walk through into the elevator.

"JARVIS, top floor please," Phil speaks to the elevator. We jerk upward immediatly, zooming up at a fast pace. Time to go meet one of the richest people in the world.

☆°☆°☆°☆

A.N- More chapters! Thanks for reading once again!