Chapter 15~Secrets

☆Callie's POV☆

After securing Loki on the jet, Steve, Tony, and I jump in the back as Nat takes off.

We fly in silence for a while as the starry night sky twinkles outside the windows. I'm a bit tired, but I don't feel like laying down. I'm still on high alert about Loki and the fact he sits just a few feet away from me, strapped to the bench. The heels are killing my feet, but I don't bother bending down to take them off. I sigh, leaning against the jet as Steve and Tony stand in awkward silence.

"Is he saying anything?" I hear Fury's voice in my earpiece.

"Not a word," Nat says quietly from up front.

"Just get him here, we're low on time," Fury orders shortly. Nat shuts off the connection with Fury. I cross my arms, glancing quickly over at Loki. He just sits there, staring forwards at nothing.

Steve steps closer to where Tony and I stand.

"I don't like it," he says, lowering his voice.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony suggests. Steve ignores him, as do I.

"I don't remember it being that easy," Steve replies, "this guy packs a wallop."

I nod, glancing over at Loki. He's probably listening in on our conversation.

"Still," I keep my voice low. "He didn't hesitate to try and kill me."

"How was that party, by the way?" Tony asks me, fiddling with his iron fingers. I shrug.

"It's a party, what's good about it?" I poke my heel out from under the hem of my dress, rocking it back and forth on the heel itself.

"Those look painful," Steve remarks. Tony sighs, clearly annoyed.

"It's the style now. I know you probably missed a few things, doing time as a...Capsicle," he says bluntly. I feel the urge to face palm myself. Of course Tony would say that. I see Steve's brow furrow, but he doesn't answer.

Thunder and lightning suddenly erupts out of nowhere, sparking all around us. I stand straighter, looking around.

"Where's this coming from?" I wonder as a whistling sound comes down from above the jet, followed by another crack of lightning. Loki leans forward as much as his restraints will allow him, looking around cautiously.

"What's the matter?" Steve notices Loki's behavior. "Scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," he replies simply, his eyes still focused on the roof. Another bright crack of lightning lights up the sky, dangerously close to us, and a large thump on the roof, causing us all to look up. The impact shakes the jet.

"That wasn't thunder," Nat realizes as Tony and Steve pull there masks on. I clutch my lightsaber hilt a bit tighter than before, but don't open it. Tony walks by Loki and presses the control panal for the ramp to hiss open, a cold blast of air bursting into the jet. Steve looks up.

"What are you doing?!" He yells over the whistling wind. Tony just stands there.

All of a sudden, a figure in a deep red cloak lands on the jet ramp, clutching a huge hammer. My eyes widen.

Tony raises his hand to blast the mysterious man skyward, but the man hits Stark with his hammer, and he flies backward, crashing into Steve and I. We land in a heap of heros on the floor, trying to untangle ourselves as the man yanks Loki from the restraints and flies off with him. Flies. Off.

"And now there's that guy," I mumble, getting back up off the hard metal floor.

"Another Asgardian?" Nat yells over the wind. Steve looks back and forth.