15

*Yeyinde P.O.V.*

I had slipped around looking for the nest of the queen kinade amedha. I had found a small nook with about a dozen exploded Ovomorphs. As well as a half dozen dead Facehuggers. But I also found a few dead Oomans. Most of them were Marcus' friends.

"Yeyinde what did you find?" Mollie asked in sign.

I looked down and shook my head. Shame filled me as I smelled Mollies' grief. She shook her head and reached over to her uncle. He reached back and grabbed her hand. Max reached over too. They all seemed to take a moment, then they all straightened up.

"For the guys." Max signed.

They all nodded and looked their weapons over. Mollie turned and faced Apex. She was looking her own weapon over. She would turn to Dutch every few seconds to check his wound. He finally motioned for her to focus on her weapons.

"All I have is a knife." He signed. "How am I supposed to fight like that?"

"Can you build the traps?" Mollie signed back.

A huge grin spread across Dutchs face. I slipped back into the trees to gather supplies. I paused every few steps to look out for Xenomorphs. As I move I picked up and cut off things for Dutch to use. Then I slipped back to everyone else.

As soon as I gave Dutch the materials he began working. He sliced the vines I gathered into thinner pieces and began braiding and weaving them together. Meanwhile, Apex began sorting the pieces of wood and twigs I had gathered.

As they worked Dick kept a lookout. He signaled for everyone to freeze. No one moved as ragged breathing and snuffling could be heard. I slowly shook my head as Mollie started to slip out of hiding.

"Who else is gonna distract her?" She signed.

"I have the main trap ready." Dutch signed back. "I just need to lay it out."

"Okay, I'll get her attention, you lay the trap, and then I'll cloak. Someone else will have to get her into the trap."

Apex almost instantly raised her hand. Dutch looked at her and shook his head rapidly. She made a few gestures I couldn't place. He folded his arms and scowled. I'm pretty sure Mollie was smiling under her mask.

"Okay, then uncle Dick and Max, you two head back to camp to get reinforcements." Mollie signed.

They nodded and slipped into the trees. I watched Mollie turn back to Apex and Dutch. They exchanged a glance and picked up the traps. Mollie took a deep breath and tensed up. Then she darted out from behind the rocks.

"Hey you big bitch, I'm over here!" She shouted waving her arms. "Come and get me, you fucker!"

I cloaked and slipped out from behind the rocks. The Queen followed Mollie as she ran. Apex and Dutch both slipped out of hiding and started setting the traps. I looked between them, then decided to help Mollie.

I ran up to the Queen and swung my ki'cti-pa at her leg. She moved just enough that I barley scratched her. But I still got her attention. I saw Mollie stagger a little bit as the Queen turned and barreled down on me.

Mollie was smacked away and into a tree by the Queen's tail. I bellowed in rage and charged the Queen. Mollie scrambled back to her feet and ran at her too. The Queen smacked her with her tail and sent her flying again.

"I'll fight her, you stay back." I said.

"M-di, it's my fight, Yayinde." Mollie snapped. "I'm not gonna back down."

She ran forward again. This time she was able to dodge the Queen's tail. She paused and activated her cloak. I followed suit and darted to her side. Apex and Dutch started hollering to get the Queen's attention. She turned and cocked her head. Then she seemed to start laughing.