17 - A Drop In The Ocean

Driving back to my place felt like an eternity and I could feel my heart in my chest thumping the whole time.

I'm glad I had Carter and my babies with me they helped me stay calm during this time. Zo kept us all occupied singing the songs that would come out on the radio.

Finally after a drive we we're all inside my place, I help them settle their things and go check to see everything is good around.

I walk into my room seeing Peytons things around and my heart aches and my mind can't comprehend that she left and that she's gone and I don't know if I'll ever find her.

My heart hurts, I'm confused, I'm tired.

Every time something starts going good the world pulls something else away and I'm genuinely tired of it all.

I begin to clean up and make space for Carter and the twins so that they have their own space and room.

"I'm surprised Elijah let you come alone" I say to Carter.

"He understands, sorta" "its a little hard for him but he always tells me to follow what's best for me and the twins" She says.

"That's good, I'm sorry that I brought you guys into this"

"We wanted to come along with you" she says

"Thank you" I say

"I know this isn't easy for you and you don't want to hurt anyone, but we're going to be here for you every step of the way bry"

"I'm scared for her Carter, the way she talked about him" I say frowning.

Carter comes closer to me hugging me "I know bry and I hope we find her and bring her back to you safe" She takes a deep breath "everything is going to work out bry"

She lets go of me and stands up " how about I let the kids sleep and then we can watch the fosters, like old times?"

"Can we please?" I respond.

"Yay be back in a bit!" She says.

A couple of seconds later and the kids are in the room ready to sleep and Carter and I are in the living room playing the fosters on the tv.

—-

"The pilot to the fosters will forever be a classic in my eyes" she says.

"I second that it's the best" I laugh.

She looks at me "I missed this, I always did"

"I second that as well, I'll never make that mistake again" I looked down.

"We live and we learn bry, but all is going right now so we just have to go day by day" she smiles.

I take a deep breath and smile back at her "day by day"

——————————————————————————-
Small chapter, so sorry!
I need to start getting back to writing!
Comment and Vote! -Janie