Chapter 20: Cut-throat culture

Today, our anticipated practical assessment in biochemistry will occur

Today, our anticipated practical assessment in biochemistry will occur. I have the toolbox that Jaehyun bought for me and all the books that I needed.

"Where're your materials, Rosé?" Yeri asked.

She's gonna be my partner for our practice test. We've been close to each other because of Jungkook. More often than not, she eats lunch and spent her vacant with us.

That's why right now, she will be my partner instead of Jungkook. She's the one who invited me.

"In my bag," I answered.

"Oh! I see." she turned to my bag then to me.

I smiled at her, "I'm nervous."

"You can do this! Knowing you, you would ace anything. Besides, you studied for it, right?"

"Ah, yes. But of course, I'm still nervous."

"Well, I am too," she shrugged. "But don't pressure yourself too much, and duh! I'm here, we're partners!"

"Yeah. Good luck to us," I grinned.

Yeri grinned back, "Let's ace it and beat Jungkook's ass!"

I just chuckled as a response. I doubt that, though. Jungkook is really good in biochem and our mock practicals. Moreover, we should not beat them in the first place because examinations aren't supposed to be a competition with other people but to yourself.

"Where's Jungkook by the way?" I asked suddenly.

"In the pantry, I guess? He said he was starving, so he went there first."

"Hmm," I nodded. "If that's the case, then let's go?"

"Ah! You go first." Yeri said.

"But why?" I frowned.

I saw her gulped and look away.

"Eh... I'm gonna stay here in our room for a little while. I'll check my materials for a little while and skim my notes."

"Is that so? Well, okay..."

But I didn't leave my spot. Instead, I watched her move and expression. She looks uneasy and nervous. She's even sweating even though it's cold.

"You should go! You're hungry, f-for sure..."

"Okay."

I look at her for the last time before I leave her. She avoided my eye, that's what I notice.

Somehow, I know Yeri looks suspicious and different from usual. She looks like she's hiding something. I wonder what it is.

Nevertheless, I brushed off all the doubting and eat in the pantry with Jungkook. I think Yeri is just pressured and nerve-wracked.

We waited for Yeri in the pantry, but she didn't come. We had no choice but to left the pantry because it's almost already time for our practical examination.