Chapter 30: Jaehyun III

Let me tell you one thing for sure
You're the only one I want more of
'Cause every time you strip away my pride
Humble me down to my knees
You're exactly what I need, you're exactly.

Let me tell you one thing for sureYou're the only one I want more of'Cause every time you strip away my prideHumble me down to my kneesYou're exactly what I need, you're exactly

Jaehyun's POV

I was more than positive when I say that I already forgot about Rosé.

I am already working in the town's hospital of Busan, and I am already contented on what I have and achieved. Although I'm still finishing my residency, I can say that I am above all happy.

I've dated girls. Some I took seriously, but many I don't. I just somehow lose my interest in them in the middle of our relationship so it kind of goes down and eventually leads to break-ups. I haven't had any long-lasting relationship, and I can't seem to wrap my head the reason behind it.

There is just this one time when one of my SNU friends invited me to attend a party that will be held in one of the clubs in Itaewon, and of course, Itaewon means coming back to Seoul.

Since I am confident that I built a new person from the past few years, I gladly agreed to the invitation and told me that I'll go.

"Hey, you're here!"

It was Mingyu, one of the closest friends of mine during medical school days.

We bumped our fist and grinned at each other.

"The ever dedicated doctor of Busan here. This is seriously hot news to everybody." He said.

I chuckled, "Didn't know that I am that famous."

"You've always been very famous, Jung. It's just that, some people missed out a lot about you here." He says.

"It's not like I migrated internationally. I'm just in Busan." I shrugged.

"But still, you are out of reach."

"That's the reason why I signed myself up for taking my residency in Busan," I revealed and joked.

"You're cruel," He shook his head then smirk. "By the way, your cousin Junhoe is here."

Oh shit. He is here. Does that mean...?

"With whom?" I asked casually.

"His girl, of course." He answered.

"Oh," I tried to sound not concerned, but it just comes off like I am disconcerted and disappointed.

"They've been together for so long, I could never." He chuckled.

"They'll break up soon," I affirmed as if I am sure about it.

Mingyu turned to me and frowned, "Woah, how did you know?"

"I am a Nostradamus, dude."

He laughs his ass off, "Thought you were being serious for a second there. I would totally conclude that you're into Junhoe's girlfriend if you didn't say that."