Star in the night sky

Devian just glanced at the sky, then turned to look at her happy face with a smile in his eyes.

For him she was his star in the night sky. He could look at her all day long for rest of his life without getting bored.

Suddenly...

Arien turned around, tiptoed and kissed him. Devian had his eyes wide open.

Then he held her tightly and kissed her back.

He could feel Arien's delicate body stiffen before relaxing gradually.

"Devian..." She lowered her head.

"Hmm..." He hummed.

"I... Do you really want to keep this marriage?" She asked very carefully emphasizing every single word.

"What do you think?" He asked her.

"Don't ask another question.... Just answer...." She started shouting.

But before she could finish he hugged her tightly, leaned and whispered in her ears "Definitely yes."

She felt goosebumps as his warm breath brushed against her neck. He was so close that she could feel his warmth.

A smile crept on his face as he realized that burying her head in his arms she was blushing and smiling.

They are going to be together!!!!

"Let's go home." He spoke.

"Okay." She replied lifting her head from his embrace.

'Home' such a casual word but hearing this Arien felt happy. She doesn't have a home after her parents execution. But now, she has a home. Wherever Devian was, was a home for her.

Devian carried her back to the car just as they came.

As they entered they saw Julien.

"Brother, sister-in-law." She greeted and looked at Arien's swollen ankle.

"What happened to your leg?" She asked with concern.

"That's nothing." She replied.

"Nothing, she was being careless and that's the result." Devian said coldly putting her on the couch.

Arien stuck out her tongue at him saying, "cold blooded pervert."

"I heard that." Devian said from a room he entered to bring the medical box.

"So what? I'm not scared of you!" Arien shouted.

"What happened to your leg Arien?" She heard Julien's concerned voice.

"That's a long story sister." She replied "Were you bored all day long?" She changed the topic intentionally.

How can she explain all the drama that happened today. What if Julien would get a bad impression of her?

"No I wasn't. I went to the friend." Julien replied.

Julien herself didn't realize that her face was red. But Arien noticed it.

"Sister you're blushing. Is your friend, just a friend?" She asked playfully.

"Ahh... No... I mean yes.. he's just a friend." Julien was so nervous that she wasn't able to say a complete sentences.

"Now I'm sure he's not just a friend." Arien smiled.

"Yes... Sister-in-law he's ... Actually I don't know." She lowered her voice.

"What? You don't know?" Arien was shocked.

Looking at her flushed face earlier Arien knew that Julien liked the person she was talking about but what did she mean by she doesn't know?

"Sister-in-law, can I ask you something?" Julien bit her lips.

"Anything." Arien smiled.

"But promise me one thing. Don't mention this in front of Leo." She looked at the direction where Devian went.

"Ohh okay..." Arien answered.

"How can you tell if a man likes you?" Julien asked.

"Hmm... How can I say... So you actually have someone you like, right sister?" Arien looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Yes but... But don't tell anyone. I don't even know if he likes me or not!" Julien made a long face.

"Sister don't be like that. What will he not like in you?" She held her hand.

"Now tell me....." Julien started asking when suddenly Devian entered the hall with a medical kit.

Julien shut her mouth immediately

Devian knelt down and applied medicine on Arien's ankle.

"Leo, you've really changed!" Julien was surprised.

His younger brother was like an cold blooded robot who only knew work and work. He stayed away from everyone and maintained an unapproachable aura every time pushing everyone away.

But this Devian was something beyond her imagination. The way he used to keep distance from girls made her doubt on his sexuality.

But the way he looked at Arien and treated her with utmost care like a precious treasure was so different.

Arien blushed while Devian ignored her and applied medicine on Arien's foot.

"Sister-in-law" suddenly Julien turned to Arien. "How did you do that?"

"What did I do?" Arien was confused.

"Transformed this robot to a man?" Julien pointed at Devian and joked.

"I didn't do anything." Arien's face was red.

"Sister, where's mom and dad. Have you guys eaten?" Arien changed the topic.

"Oh I forgot to tell you. I've eaten... But..." Julien suddenly remembered.

"Mom and dad went to Hill city. Grandpa and grandma will arrive after a week." she informed.

"Mom and dad went to see grandpa's old house. They told me it is being renovated and would complete tomorrow. They wanted to see and spend some time there before bringing grandpa and grandma back. You know Arien," Julien continued. "Grandpa and grandpa met there in Hill City and that was where he proposed grandma."

Arien looked at Devian with confusion. "He never told me that his family had also lived in Hill City before." she thought.

"I've never gone to Hill city, not to mention seeing their old house. I would go there one day." Julien spoke.

"Okay sister now you should go and sleep." Devian interrupted her.

"But..." Julien wanted to chat with Arien but her cold brother was like his dad! Not letting her do what she wanted.

He was younger yet behaved like her older brother and Julien had to listen to him because she knew that even if he behaves sternly, he still cares for her a lot.

Form childhood Devian had been taking care of Julien like an older brother because he was much more mature and healthy but Julien wasn't. She was rather childish and carefree.

"Go and rest sister." Devian reminded her coldly again.

"Okay, I'll go!" Julien made a face at Devian.

"Goodnight sister-in-law" she smiled at Arien and went to the first floor to her room.

Devian and Arien were left alone.

"You hungry?" Devian asked her.

"Yes, very much!" Arien could help but she was very hungry.

"Sister-in-law" Julien came at the corridor "auntie Anne wasn't well so she went to rest early in the servant's quarter. I've ordered some dishes. I've kept them in the fridge, heat it before eating." Saying that she went back to her room.

Both Devian and Arien looked at each other.

"I'll do it..."

"I'll do it..."

Both of them spoke together and looked at each other before smiling brightly.

...