The Lover's Tower

That walked in and it took them about five minutes to reach to the tower from the parking area.

Today's weather was so good. There would be a lot of couples hanging around. But, today there was no one there.

"What has happened? Why aren't any other people here?" Arien looked at Devian confused.

"Why do you want them to be here?" He looked at her.

"Nothing but... It is something unusual, right?" She asked.

"So you wanted to show your affection for me in the public?" He teased her while entering to the lift.

He had already booked the whole place for her. Why does she wants others to be here?

"That not what I mean!" Arien retracted. This man! How could he think that?

All the way up Devian had held her hand.

"Didn't you say that you wanted to come to the lover's tower?" He smiled.

"Yes I said because... I've heard that place is so beautiful. I wanted to see it myself." Arien looked to the elevator door.

The door opened and Arien walked out only to be pulled back by him. Devian had held her hand and he didn't move which was why Arien felt a pull.

She looked back at him.

"Let's go." Devian walked out.

"Ahh?" Arien was walking but he stopped her and now he walked out leading the way. Is he crazy?

Arien followed him.

The view from the top of the tower was really like a fantasy. By now it was already dark but from the top the whole city looked like a fairy tale. The lights of the city and the stars were so in pace.

The cold and refreshing wind blew which spread calmness in the hearts.

Arien was admiring the view. Little did she know that for Devian, only she was the view alone. He doesn't need to look at the city. He only wanted to look at her for his whole life.

Arien felt a gaze on her and turned the head towards him.

She saw him looking at her. Since when did he started looking at her?

"What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing." He looked at her face for a little while and then looked away to towards the city. "You like it?" He asked.

"Yes." She was still looking at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

"Why is this place not having visitors today?" She still thought it to be strange.

"If you want visitors while we are here then I wonder if you will find a man and run away." He smiled. But he wasn't joking.

Devian, till now was not scared in his whole life of twenty seven years. But now, he was scared. Scared of being parted, scared of loosing her, scared that one day she would leave him.

When did he started having such strong feelings for her?

"Devian, I know after your parent's visit is over, you'll divorce me. Can you please not do this?" Suddenly Arien brought up this topic.

Devian looked at her face.

Her eyes were fixed at a distance. She was speaking slowly but clearly.

"Not do what?" Devian asked following her gaze and looking to the direction.

"Don't do so many favors, don't show so much concerns, don't care about me. Just stop playing okay? The way you did in the company, stop that. Don't make me regret my choice of being your 'fake' wife." She looked at him and met his eyes.

He didn't speak.

After a moment of silence Arien turned her back away from him. She didn't want Devian to see her sad.

Why should she be sad. That was already decided. She was no match to him. She had to leave, right?

She was about to turn back when she felt a hand wrapping around her waist. Her body tensed up before relaxing little by little.

Devian held her tightly from back.

It suddenly started drizzling.

Then she heard him whisper in her ears, "What if I ask you to stay?" His voice was low and gentle, mixed with a thousand of emotions.

"Huh?" Arien tried to turn around. He loosened his grip to let her turn but didn't let go off her waist.

"Don't you want to stay?" He asked fixing his eyes on her, observing the slight changes in her expressions.

"I....." Arien didn't know how to answer.

She wanted to stay. Definitely wanted to stay as long as he wanted her to stay. But who was she to him? Why would he ask her to stay?

Their relation was only a show put up for his parents. There was no love between them. How would she stay? How would they be able to manage living like this in such a marriage.

A loveless marriage was bound to cause problems sooner or later hurting both of them.

What if she said that she wanted to live together with him and then he rejects it? What would she do then? She would become a joke in front of him.

"Speak?" Devian's grip on her waist tightened.

"Huh?" Arien was pulled closer to him.

"Don't you want to stay?" He repeated his question.

"I want to....." stay. She couldn't say that out loud. "...Eat" she finally said this. "I'm hungry."

"Okay" Devian let her go. His face was dark, cold as ice.

"Let's go then?" Arien took the initiative to hold his hands.

She walked a step but he didn't move.

"Don't repeat that joke okay? I'm not that stupid." She thought that he would do the same thing he did in the lift so she turned around and looked at him.

But his expression was different. He was serious this time. He was not happy. His face was gloomy.

She felt sad. Was he in this mood because of her answer? Should she say that she wanted to stay? But what if he didn't want her?

There were many unspoken words and feelings in her heart.

She walked a step towards him looking at his face.

His eyes were fixed at her that made her a little nervous.

She still decided to do it.

She wrapped her hands around his neck, tiptoed leaning close to him and kissed him on the corner of his lips.

He was surprised but... He liked it. He wrapped his arms around her.

She was held by him.

After a while he spoke in her ears, "I'm hungry."

"Huh?" Arien's face was flushed. She didn't dare to look into his eyes directly, so she kept her face lowered.

They were walking.

Actually only Devian was walking. Arien was behind him, slower than a snail.

She was dawdling with her head almost buried in her chest. She even peeked at his perfectly built back from time to time.

Devian was walking in front with a smile in his cold eyes.

He was feeling happy in his heart. She somehow agreed that she wanted to stay, isn't it?

...