Business trip

"Arien can you tell about this to my cold brother?"

"Me?" Arien pointed to her nose.

"Yes! Please." Julien made a cute face making it impossible for Arien to turn her down.

"Okay sister. But I don't know about ..." Arien haven't completed her words yet when Devian entered.

Both the girls suddenly shut up.

"What's the matter?" Seeing this unusual behavior Devian couldn't help but ask.

"No... Nothing" Julien was scared.

"Devian... I'll cook something for us, you do your work. I'll call you when the dinner is ready." Arien had to help her sister-in-law so she said that.

"No need. I've asked another cook until aunt Anne recovers from her illness." Devian sat beside them.

"Okay." Both the ladies were not able to talk anymore.

"Why does he have to sit here?" Arien whispered to Julien and then realized that she shouldn't have said so. Devian, anyway, was his only brother and Julien would not like to hear this.

But to her surprise Julien also made a face at him.

All the three sat there. Devian was reading his documents with all his concentration and the two girls sat there quietly till the dinner was served.

They had their dinner and went to sleep.

Devian went to take a shower when Arien's phone rang.

"Arien it's weekend. I want you here!" It was a clear order from Ashley.

"Haen?" Arien was at a loss of words for this stupid girl.

"Yes, and you can bring Jane along." Ashley added. "I like her. She is very friendly."

"Okay." Arien had to agree or else she would have to pester her for the whole day to calm her anger down.

"Done. Then we'll meet at my house." Ashley was already excited.

Both agreed to meet at Ashley's house.

Arien then called Jane to ask her about tomorrow. And she agreed immediately.

Devian came out and saw her sitting with a happy mood.

"What other than me, makes you happy?" He looked at her.

"Nothing. Devian can I go with my friends tomorrow?" Arien asked.

"Why are you asking. You can." Devian said casually.

Arien thought he would ask about the 'friends' she mentioned but her heart sank when she saw him being so uninterested.

"What happened?" He noticed her long face.

"Don't you want to ask where I'm going?" She spoke with her head lowered.

"Nope." His answer was simple.

But Arien felt bad. Maybe he doesn't care. He just wanted a wife. He was not at all interested in asking her.

Arien ran to the wash up.

Devian could guess her change of mood but couldn't figure out the reason.

When Arien came out, Devian was still sitting there on the bed, reading a book.

Arien didn't say anything and silently walked to the bed completely ignoring the man.

Devian frowned. Just when Arien layed down, he kept the book aside and and hugged her.

"Let go!" Arien wanted to ignore him. But he tightened the hug making it difficult to break out from his arms.

"I'll not let you go" he held her waist.

"Why? You don't even care. You are not a bit interested in asking about where I'll go or what I'll do?"

"It's because..." He spoke.

But Arien didn't let him speak, "I don't care!"

"Stupid girl, it's because I trust you" just as he completed, he kissed her.

Arien was off guard and his kiss left her in a daze.

"Tomorrow I'll have to go out for a business trip." He held her and lied down. "Don't miss me so much." He teased her.

"I won't" Arien was still in a daze when Devian told her about the business trip.

She's definitely going to miss him. But she would not admit it.

"Okay, you won't. But I will." He pinched her nose. "Now sleep. I'll have to get up early." He added.

Both of them slept soundly.

The next day as Devian said, he had to go to a business trip, Arien woke up early and prepared him breakfast.

Devian would not eat food served in the flight so she even packed some dishes for him to take along.

"Rest for some more time. I'll be back by tomorrow morning and then we'll go to the banquet in the evening okay." He said while opening the door.

"Okay..." Arien was still standing there. "Devian... Take care" she added.

He left the door handle and walked to her. Pushing her hair from her face he planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"You take care." He said and left.

Arien looked at him until his car drove out of her sight she slowly closed the door and sighed.

"Now I'm all alone, sister told she would be with her man and aunt Anne isn't here as well. Anyways I'll go with Ash and Jane"

Arien decided to get ready and leave but it was only 5 in the morning how could she knock Ashley's door so early.

Arien thought of sleeping a while more but she was used to his smell and wasn't even able to sleep.

"When did I started being used to sleep in his arms." She poked her own head.

She went to freshen up and it was already 7 so got ready and decided to leave.

She reached at Ashley's house but it was locked.

She decided to wait at the Rosewood café which was just opposite to her house.

It was already an hour and there was no sign of Ashley or Jane. After a while her phone rang she picked up the phone

"Where are you? I've already come to your house. Even Jane isn't picking up the call." Arien said.

"Arien" Ashley's voice was trembling. "I'm here....."

She haven't even completed when the phone was snatched away.

"That's all!" A male voice came.

"Who are you?" Arien was shocked. Who would try to hurt Ashley. She had never offended any single soul and was in good terms with everyone.

"If you want her safe then listen to my orders." The man said.

"Don't listen to him, Arien!" It was Jane's voice.

'slap!' a loud slap landed on Jane's face.

"Don't.... Don't hit anyone! I'll do what you're saying. I promise" Arien wouldn't want them to be hurt because it was her who was being targeted.

Arien thought, who the person could be. He even had Jane along with Ashley.

"I'll call you in half an hour and tell you what to do next. Don't dare to tell this to anyone or else you won't get your friends alive."

Arien would not dare to tell anyone about this or else who knows what the man would do.

...