Madonna's aggression.

"Sister, you saw that?" Madonna turned to Raina, manager of the public relations department.

"So what? You better focus on your work." Raina was the manager but was not arrogant like her sister Madonna.

She knew that work was more important than showing off. So she didn't help Madonna in her useless acts.

Seeing that her sister is walking away Madonna couldn't help but grit her teeth and become even more angry.

"Sister, you may not help me but I'll not leave this new girl. She dared to talk to me like that earlier and now she's trying to get close to My Director Lyle!" Madonna said.

Madonna gave an evil smile and entered the lift.

...

In the car Arien didn't know what to say. Seeing Devian's cold expression Arien's heart missed a beat.

"Where were your colleagues?" Devian asked.

This was not direct but Arien knew that he has found out the truth that she was not going for lunch with anyone.

Why did she lie back then. She should have declined just like that.

"Actually they left. I was to follow them." Arien tried to give an explanation.

"I don't think that you would follow them after you've eaten in the office, right?" Devian spoke differently.

He seemed calm but Arien could say that he was angry.

"... Director... I suppose we should not meet like this. What if the people in your office misunderstands?" Arien spoke and tried to be calm.

"Is that so. Then so be it." Devian answered. "Why didn't you come?" He asked.

As he heard the way she addressed him he was even more angry.

"I had some work." She looked away.

"But you told you had to go with your colleagues." Devian had already known the truth but he did want to reach this careless girl a lesson.

"Ahh...?" If he had already known then why to ask! She thought.

"Mrs Lyle" he emphasized "I hope you would not lie after this." Devian patted her head.

"Huh?" Arien was surprised. This man! "The way he addressed me right now. Is he teasing me because I called him director?"

"You're thinking it right." He spoke maybe because he saw through her mind.

"Have you eaten?" Arien was hungry but she didn't eat because she didn't know if Devian had eaten or not so she decided not to eat.

"How could I eat without my wife?" He looked at her.

"Shall we go and eat?" She asked lowering her head.

"Now that Mrs Lyle wants to, how can I say no?" Devian said with a smile in his cold eyes.

They came to the Evening restaurant, the same room,707.

He pulled the chair for her and then sat opposite to her.

They ate silently.

Arien didn't know why but every time he would speak like that her heart would beat faster.

"Why does he always have that commitment in his eyes when he talks to me like that? Even if it's a fake marriage, he doesn't seem to fake what he say. He seems genuine" Arien was deep in her thought all the while they were eating.

"Done?" Devian's voice bought her back.

"Ah.. yes..." She said.

Soon she got up to go back to the company.

"I've asked Dean to apply for a half day leave for you. You're not going back." Devian said.

"But..." Arien wanted to refuse but she was chocked when she saw his bright eyes.

Devian initially wanted to take Arien home but then his parents would be there so they would not get time in private so he decided to stay in the room.

"What are we going to do?" After a while of sitting Arien was bored to death so she asked.

"What do you want to do?" Devian who was working in his laptop lifted his head and asked playfully.

"Huh?" Arien saw his teasing look.

After half an hour Devian closed his work, came to Arien and sat beside her.

"Why did you turned me down when I asked you for lunch?" Devian suddenly asked.

...

In the office.

Madonna sat there thinking why'd director take Arien away like that. He even gave her half day leave?

Her head was in a mess.

"I will help you if Raina isn't helping." A voice came from behind.

"But why would you manager?" Madonna asked.

"That's none of your business. If you don't need my help then I'll go." Andrew waved his hand.

Andrew had his reason. He tried to hint Arien about what he wanted but she turned him down without thinking. How could he take that?

Madonna knew that she would not be able to do anything of Arien alone after seeing that she was not a bit scared of her.

"Yes, okay manager Andrew, but what should we do?" She asked.

He gave her a smile and said "Just keep an eye on her."

"Okay." She agreed.

...

Devian was still looking into her eyes as if he had seen through every thought of her.

Arien wanted to make another excuse but this time it felt impossible.

"I just.... I just didn't want to come that's all!" She shouted.

"That's all?" He leaned closer.

"Yes..." Her phone rang suddenly. "I'll take this first" she said getting up and walking towards the window.

"Yes?" She picked the call.

"Arien! Have you forgotten me? Where are you I'll go find you right now. I'm not going to leave you." Ashley started shouting. "You haven't met ever since we came back from Hill City!" She added.

"Ahh... Ash... Tell me where you're. I'll go right away." Arien just wanted to go away. Away from this weird man!.

"I've just come out from work. Come to my house. I'll reach there." Ashley said.

"Okay" Arien hung the phone and looked at the gloomy faced Devian behind.

This isn't good!

"I'll go to Ashley's place for tonight." She walked to the door.

"I...." Devian wanted to say something but then stopped.

Looking at her departing back Devian felt a different presentiment. Somewhere deep down there was a wave of different kinds of mixed emotions.

"I'm finally away from him!" She sighed.

She took a cab to Ashley's place. They both arrived at almost the same time.

"You're here. Come on in. You're staying here tonight."Ashley pulled her in.

...

___

*To the lovely readers*
Forgive my silly spelling or grammatical mistakes, I will try and make sure to edit all of it*

Loads of love
___