𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 𝚕 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢

"SEND IT HERE!" Sakura flinched as Lev barreled across the court, waving his noodle-like arm wildly. She shifted before the ball went flying from her raised arms. Kuroo blocked the spike with ease and Sakura jumped forward, the ball bouncing off her forearm. 

"Chance ba--" 

It hit Lev square in the face. 

Kuroo doubled over, cackling at the sight. Sakura flipped him off before offering a hand to the first-year. 

"C'mon you big noodle." She yanked him up. "I know you're long enough to maneuver around blockers. Try again." He gave her a quick mini-bow. 

"Thank you, Senpai!" She shook her head, huffing out an amused breath. She lifted her knee carefully, glancing over at Yachi, who was intently drawing. Every so often, she would glance up, erase quickly and start drawing rapidly. Sakura decided against bothering her, figuring it might ruin her concentration. Yachi's eyes flicked up and Sakura flashed her a smile. The first-year flushed a little, but smiled back, giving her a small wave. 

"Hey, stop creepin' on the first-year." Yaku elbowed her side. Sakura groaned, annoyed. 

"Says the guy who is literally crushing on the caveman-speak first year over there." She jabbed her thumb towards Lev. Yaku went a deep cherry red, squawking angrily. Sakura snickered, deflecting his flying attacks. "Ah! Abuse! Abuse!" She cried. "Kuro! Help!" By then, Yaku had latched onto her and she was running around like someone had set her on fire. "GET THE SPIDER-MONKEY OFF OF ME!!" Yaku cackled with dark glee. Lev looked like he wanted to help, but also didn't want to get climbed like a tree. "GET THE SQUIRT BOTTLE!!" Yaku let out an undignified yelp when Kuroo appeared beside her, quite literally squirting Yaku with water. He almost immediately backed off, running away to glare at them from the corner of the gym. Sakura snorted at the sight. "Take that, you fuckin' stray." He glowered. 

She laughed. 

~

"So, how'd you like practice?" Sakura asked. her hands tucked into pockets. Yachi, who was almost stuck to her side--it was nighttime and it freaked her out--glanced around before answering. 

"It was interesting to say the least." She admitted. "It looks like you're really good at what you do." Sakura glanced at the ground.

"Yeah..." She mumbled. "It can get pretty interesting with Kuroo and Bokuto. Those two are chaos at it's finest." She shook her head, smiling. "Anyways, Ms. Yacchan, what were you working on?" She asked. Yachi clenched the sketchbook closer to her. 

"Um, it's nothing! I don't think you'd like it!" She explained, not meeting Sakura's golden gaze. The manager laughed. 

"Your drawings are probably a fuckton better than my elementary level ones. C'mon~" She cooed. "I won't tell a soul~" Yachi looked between her and the sketchbook before taking it away from her chest oh-so-carefully. Sakura took the notebook into her hands and flipped it over. Yachi held her breath, watching her eyes narrow and go over the drawing multiple times. "Yachi," she started, making the first-year jump. " This is....this is amazing" Sakura breathed. "You drew this?" She motioned to the page which had a pencil sketch of herself setting. Yachi had managed to catch her analyzing gaze, watching the ball fly. She had shaded every area that needed it, colored in the darker spots and even did the creases on her clothing. Yachi flushed at the comment.

"It-It's nothing! Just something I was inspired to do!" She cried. 

"Uh huh." Sakura nodded. "Well, either way, you seriously have some talent." She snapped the sketchbook shut, passing it to the first-year. "Since we're late, the bath's open. I'm gonna hit it up real quick." A sly grin painted her features. "And you're welcome to join me, Miss Yacchan~"