𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻 𝚕 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚛

Yachi shifted nervously under Sakura's gaze, who was currently wrapped up in blankets, looking like a mass of fluff.

"Um, yes, Kura?" The cat shifted a little.

"I owe you an explanation, Yacchan." She said, bowing her head. "I felt like I needed to hide it away from everyone except Tets and Bo." Yachi was surprised to see the other woman's eyes shimmer with unshed tears. "I'm sorry if it seemed like I didn't trust you, Yachi. I always will..." She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Look, my first year of high school I was a total dumbass, I'll admit that. Nekoma constantly had games against Nohebi because it was a powerhouse school and we saw Daishou a lot. And I mean a lot. Usually, my practice would end before their games did, so I often watched. I guess at the time, I had found the snake attractive. I found myself looking forward to their practice games because we had started talking, and he seemed like a really charismatic guy.. Tets never trusted him, but he didn't say anything when we started dating. Not until a few days before the Finals. Our team almost always made it Nationals. I even went once. But....A week before that I had figured out, I was, Bisexual. I had been questioning my sexuality for a long time, but it was only at that time when I figured it out. I thought Sugu—Daishou would be supportive, but no..." She paused, taking in a deep breath. "He freaked out. Yelling and cursing. He picked me up by my collar, screaming in my face. So I kicked him. Straight in the no-no square." She huffed out a small breath. "I tried running downstairs, I really did. But he just swung me around by my shirt, throwing me down a small set of stairs. I landed on my knee so when we were stretching, all I could think about was what happened. I didn't stretch right. And then I landed wrong after a cut-shot. Ruined their chance of making it to Nationals." She swallowed visibly before looking up, and was surprised to see Yachi sniffling, tears streaming down her face. Sakura was even more surprised when the first-year held out her arms. Sakura stood up from her chair, padding over and snuggling into her girlfriend's embrace. Even though she was crying, Yachi still ran her hand over Sakura's mess of hair, her other hand rubbing circles over her back. 

"It's okay," Yachi murmured softly. "You're okay."