𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼 𝚕 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝙱𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

A/N: This chapter is going into Manga territory, so it does have a few minor spoilers. You have been warned~

~

Six Years Later

"Japan's V. League, Light Pharmaceutical Red Rabbits starting lineup!" The crowd erupted with cheers, and Sakura Kuroo relished in it. It made her blood thrum and her adrenaline rush. "Number One, the Red Rabbit's Captain and Ace, Sakura Kuroo!!" She gave the crowd a two fingered salute holding her arms wide as the crowd roared. "Number Two, Outside Hitter, Kanoka Amanai!" Amani blew a kiss towards the crowd, winking before lining up next to her. "Number Three, Outside Hitter, Yamagata Yoshie! Number Four, Setter, Kanai Haruka! Number Five, Middle Blocker, Nakatani Kasumi! Number Six, Middle Hitter, Okimoto Ai!" A fond smile spread across Sakura's face as their Libero bounded across the court, smacking the Coach's hand excitably. "Number Seven, Libero, Ito Rei!" With their team introduced, Sakura found herself nearly buzzing with excitement. Fuel was only added to the fire when she saw multiple familiar faces in the crowd. Bokuto waved excitedly, still in his uniform with Atsumu, Sakusa and an excitable Hinata all bunched together. She saw Tetsuro nearby with Kei and Yachi right at the front, her lips pulled into a beaming smile. She gave them a two fingered salute, blowing her own kiss towards Yachi as the other team was introduced, Hisamitsu Springs. Sakura's lip pulled up into a sneer at the sight of familiar faces within their crowd. Itachiyama's Ace, Kuroda Misaki.

"Oho-ho~? She sang. "I spy with my little eye....Redemption."

~

"Long time no see~" Misaki remarked, smirking from the other side of the net. "How's the knee~?" Sakura smirked right back at her, golden eyes gleaming.

"I guess you'll find out." The whistle blew and their number six started off with a solid serve. But not anything that would give Rei a problem.

"Chance ball!" She called, the ball flying through the air. Sakura flicked her eyes over towards Haruka, locking eyes for a second before nodding. The blockers on the other side took notice of this and settle over on the right side. Sakura jumped forward, taking the ball into her hands and tossing it towards Yoshie, who spiked it over from the left side. Cheers erupted from the crowd and Sakura pumped her fist, clapping Haruka on the back.

"Let's take this set ladies!"

~

"Triple Block!" Sakura jumped into the air, the Nekoma and Itachiyama game flashing in front of her eyes. The Red Rabbits were at Match Point, meaning if she managed to get the point, they would move one. The blocker seemed to notice her sudden anxiety and grinned. Only to feel a cold fear trickle up her spine when Sakura's eyes cleared, her lip pulling back as she whipped her wrist to the left, the ball landing on the edge of the court before ricocheting into the crowd. Sakura huffed out an amused breath at their face.

"The Demon Ace is back~" She turned towards her team, only to be bombarded by them, cheering and grouping up into a giant hug.

"WE WON!"

~

Sakura had missed the high after winning a game. The adrenaline rush was ecstatic and now she could share it with so many people. Hitoka had pushed through the crowd to embrace her girlfriend, a big grin across her face. Sakura held out her arms and spun them around.

"Didja see that last cut-shot~?!" Sakura asked.

"I did." Hitoka answered, burying her head into the crook of Sakura's neck. She held an arm around her smaller girlfriend's shoulders as their coach spoke to them.

"You all did great." She remarked. "Improvements can always be made, but for now, relish in this victory girls. And, a word from your Captain." Sakura nodded in thanks, turning to her team, her third family—besides the other volleyball nerds she loved.

"I'm proud of you guys. Haruka that was an awesome set. Rei, you seriously need to teach me some of those receives, and Kasumi...I think you might just be able to beat my brother." She held a finger up to her lips. "Don't tell Kei I said that." She held out her arms. "Now, let's go eat girls~!"

~

"Are you gonna eat with us?" Sakura asked, setting her head on top of Hitoka's.

"Maybe...But remember we have the MSBY's game to attend later too. And I know they're gonna be happy if you were there~" Sakura nodded, a smile stretching across her lips.

"Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world." Hitoka nodded, expecting the response. She opened her mouth to reply when a familiar voice interrupted her.

"Sakura?" The latter froze at the sound of his voice. She turned and saw Daishou standing a few feet away, hands shoved into the pockets of his jeans.

"What do you want?" She asked. He shrugged up uncomfortably, already expecting the reaction.

"I wanted to talk...." He answered. "And to apologize." Sakura snorted. You? Apologize? She wanted to say, but when she looked closer, she noticed his normally sly expression was non and he actually looked sincere.

"You've got five minutes." He nodded, mumbling a small thank you.

"Look," he started. "I understand how you must feel about me. And I know I hurt you, both mentally and physically. I did things you may never forgive. And I'm sorry. I am truly sorry for what pain, anger and tears I've caused, Sakura. I just want you to know I'm not who I was in high school. I've changed." His shoulders shrugged up agains and he scuffed his feet against the ground. "Um, congratulations on your win, and....Thank you for listening to me..." He went to scurry away, but a hand shout out and grasped his shoulder. Daishou's lips parted in surprise at the gentle half smile on Sakura's face.

"Listen, I still think you're a snake. But I can tell you're being sincere. I don't think I'm ready to forgive and forget, but I'm happy you've changed." He nodded, lip twitching up a little.

"Thank you, Sakura.