𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6 𝚕 𝚂𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎

"Aw fuck, I can't believe you've done this." Sakura muttered, wrapping her brace around her throbbing knee. "Totally worth it." Kiyoko--who had heard the string of curses that flew from Sakura's mouth the second she woke up--shook her head. 

"How did you manage to hurt your knee?" She asked. "Setting doesn't require too much movement, especially when you're practicing." Sakura snorted, pulling her pant leg down. 

"I got mauled." She answered simply. "By a stray cat named Morisuke Yaku." Kiyoko looked puzzled. "Tetsurō or someone probably taped it." 

"I did!" Sakura jumped visibly. 

"Holy fuck, Yachi, you're quiet." She muttered. The first-year smiled sheepishly, pulling out her phone and hitting the screen a few times. She turned ig towards Kiyoko, showing Yaku and Sakura's squabble. Kiyoko giggled at the sight. 

"Wow. You guys really are cats." She remarked. Sakura nodded. 

"Like you wouldn't believe. Shake the squirt bottle and half the team will run." She joked. Before Kiyoko could reply, someone knocked on the sliding door and Kuroo poked his head in carefully "Ah-ha! There's my exit~" She held her arms like a child. "Uppy, uppy!" The third year stepped over the half asleep managers and swiped her up, huffing. "Woo-Hoo! Later Skaters~" She gave Yachi and Kiyoko a two fingered salute. "See you during practice."

~

"Why do you look so smug?" Kuroo asked, wiping his face down with a towel. Sakura, who was sprawled out on the bench, passed him a water bottle. 

"Oh nothing." She retorted. "Just that, I'm guessing you still haven't taken a bath, alone, with Tsukishima yet, have you?" He choked on his water, spinning around to look at her. 

"WhAt?" He demanded. "Since when did you bathe with Karasuno's manager?" She shrugged. 

"Since last night. We were both walking back to the room and I offered to take a bath with her. So take that. Sakura: one, Tetsurō: zero." He whipped her with the towel and she let out an undignified yelp. 

"Oh yeah?" He inquired. "Well I'm gonna ask him out first~" She jabbed him. 

"Re-e-eally?" She smirked. "We'll see about that." She took the water bottle he passed her. "Good luck~" 

He threw the sweaty towel at her.

"AH IT'S BURNING ME!" She screeched, her hands scrabbling to get the nasty towel off of her. She heard Kuroo cackle at the sight and was ready to start attacking when someone plucked the towel off. "Oh thank whatever god is up there that that towel is off of my face." She then noticed who it was, and smiled when she realized it was Yachi. "I mean," she cleared her throat and her smile turned sly. "Why hello there~" The first-year giggled making nervous butterflies erupt in Sakura's stomach. Oh, that's new. She thought as Yachi sat down on the bench next to her. "And what do I owe the pleasure of you, Madame?" An adorable blush heat up the blonde's face. 

"Well, we have a game against each other." She motioned her hand towards the gym. 

"Oh, right." Sakura sat up, turning towards her, running a hand through her hair. "So, um, I was wondering if...youwerebusythisfriday." She babbled quickly. Yachi cocked her head to the side. She was usually the one to babble and the nervous mess but...Sakura wasn't meeting her gaze, and was wringing her hands anxiously. 

"Um, do you think you could say that again?" She inquired. Sakura swallowed, glancing over. 

"I was wonder--no,--are you busy tomorrow after practice?" She asked. Yachi tapped her chin.

"I don't think so. Because we're leaving the next day. Why?" Sakura cracked her fingers one by one quickly before shaking her head, looking oddly determined. 

"You. Me. After practice~" The sudden realization of what Sakura was asking hit Yachi like a ton of bricks as her face erupted a bright red. 

"Do you mean a d-date?" She sputtered. Sakura grinned.

"Yup yup. If you don't want to, you don't have--" 

"NO!" Yachi interrupted. "I mean, I uh, would love to." Sakura's face lit up, a big, dopey smile spread across her face. 

"Really?" She asked. Yachi twirled her hair around her finger. 

"If you'll have me..." She mumbled. Sakura's smile widened. 

"Sakura, two. Tetsurō, zero."