-~Chapter 3~-

About a week and a half later, Mitsuba found his way to Kou's house again. Why is he going there anyway? "Pshh it's not like I even want to spend time with Kou- er... I-I mean Kou AND Teru... yes... and Teru..." He said as he tried to convince himself for the thousandth time. He was so caught up on Kou that he couldn't sleep at night. He thought about this a lot and he came to the realization that he.. did have a crush on Kou Minamoto. But he wondered... how did Teru know before him? That was something for later.

"Oh hey Mitsuba!!" This voice... Mitsuba looks up and sees Kou. With Sousuke's face already red from thinking of him, it just got redder. Kou's eyes widen, "S-Sousuke! Are you okay?? Why did you get red?" Kou comes closer and places a hand on his face to see if he was warm. This time Mitsuba kind of wanted to feel his touch, he didn't fight it. Kou took note of this, "he's getting comfortable.." he thought. Kou stared at Mitsuba and gently moved the hand down his face, caressing it ever so slightly. Mitsuba leaned in slightly to the subtle touch by Kou, "Kou-kunnnn!!!" Someone shouts from behind him. Kou swipes his hand away and hides it from Mitsuba. Mitsuba just turns beet red and hides his face behind his sleeves.

"Tsukasa! What have I told you about being rowdy like that?!" Another boy shouts from behind him. They were... so similar to each other. Brothers definitely.. so twins, was what Mitsuba guessed. "Amane I don't care for what you say. I only care for Kou-kun." Kou just rolls his eyes and pries Tsukasa's arms off of his shoulders. Amane catches up and apologizes to Kou but Kou just dismisses it. "Oh-? Who is this?" Amane asked after turning in Mitsuba's direction. "Mitsuba Sousuke." Mitsuba said and bowed. Amane did the same, "Yugi Amane." Tsukasa was busy talking about the weird bug he ate with Kou and Kou looked like he was desperate to get out of that conversation. He looked utterly disgusted that someone would eat a random bug, but it was Tsukasa we were talking about. "Tsukasa!" Amane snapped at him. Tsukasa stopped talking and looked offended that he was interrupted. "Yugi Tsukasa..." he mumbled and bowed, immediately going back to that conversation which Kou very much didn't like.

"I apologize for his behavior. Sometimes I just wanna..." Amane makes choking gestures with his hands and points to Tsukasa who had changed the subject to how one time he decided to sleep in a tree. Kou seemed to like this better. "No it's okay. His childish behavior is quite amusing." Mitsuba responded with a straight face. Amane chuckled, "It does get tiresome though.." Mitsuba nodded, "I can see that. I mean, I have to deal with Kou and his brother almost everyday so I can see where you're coming from." Kou seemed to hear this and pouts, "I am not childish!" He claims. "But Kou-kun you're pouting right now!" Tsukasa claims and starts poking Kou's puffed cheeks. Kou giggles at this and swipes Tsukasa's hand away.

Amane grabs Tsukasa's arm and starts dragging him away, "It was nice talking to you guys. Have a nice afternoon." Kou and Mitsuba laugh at Tsukasa trying to struggle out of Amane's grip but then he says something to Tsukasa and it makes him behave. Kou and Mitsuba share a glance at each other and go red from embarrassment. "I... I'm sorry Sousuke.. that wasn't very polite of me to touch you like that..." Kou says quietly. "N-no Kou it's... it's fine. I.. I wouldn't really mind if it was only you." Mitsuba spoke saying the last bit in a mumble. Teru runs from the corner, "Kou what did you do to him? Touching? Did you guys have sex?" Mitsuba runs away, not being able to handle the embarrassment any longer. Kou just runs up to his brother and shouts, "What?! Why? We.. we are just children." Teru sighs, "Now look, Kou. I know you want him. He wants you too! But you have to actually put moves on him!! Or else you're going to be lonely for the rest of your life!"

Kou nodded, "Hmm... wait what- there is no way he likes me back. He is normal, he likes girls. I'm not normal, I like guys!" Kou said. He was honestly upset with the thought of Mitsuba liking girls but he dismissed the thought and convinced himself that Mitsuba was straight.

Mitsuba, however, was sitting under a tree by a quiet lake trying to calm down. Mitsuba's mind flooded with thoughts of Kou and he just squealed like a girl who just got asked to prom. His hands run along his face and he sighs, "He doesn't even like me. He likes girls... he is normal..." And Mitsuba convinced himself Kou was straight.

Just like that.
They were both in the state of mind that neither one of them liked each other. But little did they know... this would effect them horribly.

___________________________________________

Me trying to write like a professional author:

Vs. Me actually writing:

 Me actually writing: