1.- The last meeting - After the separation

Dong Hua Dijun, the former emperor and ruler of heaven and earth, knew that there was not a chance to be with Feng Jiu, the princess of Qing Qiu, because destiny was against them, or else many misfortunes would fall upon them and the world. So, after her many attempts to make him change his opinion, he ordered her very strictly not to come again to his palace or try to meet him. She would find his palace closed for her. (This comes from the series "Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms").

Feng Jiu, being deeply wounded because of his cruel behavior and his persistent refusal, was standing before him, staring at him silently, and she could not even anymore cry. She seemed to be very sad and really exhausted. Finally, she told him: "Dijun, I will obey your order and you will never see me again. But I must tell you, before I leave, that love is something very important and destiny cannot be so unreasonable. It teaches us, but it does not destroy us. We must fight to better it, not to accept it passively, that's my opinion. I know your worries and I don't blame you. I tried to fight against, but you didn't yield... However, after all this effort, I have been persuaded that your love in mortal life lasted only as long as we were mortals and so my present love is really one-sided. It is nothing else but an illusion and I must fight against it by all means. I will definitely do it. I will try to forget you. Good bye". And she left.

She was so wounded and desperate, that she could not live anymore in Qing Qiu, where she could learn about him very easily and, so, she left and wandered all over the world to forget him. Nobody knew where or how she was.

Dong Hua learned the news about her disappearance and felt a great worry, but also a deep loss. He continued his indifferent life with the world matters and cultivation in buddhism. But, finally, he could not forget her. He had long ago got used to be lonely, but, after he had met her, this loneliness became much heavier than before.

A new life

She had traveled, not only to the mortal area, but also to the lands which were near the borders of the known world. Wild and deserted lands, where the men are mainly warriors. She suffered many hardships and changes. In the end, she arrived in the Last Kingdom, which had borders with the Forbidden Land, beyond the known word. That Forbidden Land was the place where only bad spirits were dwelling and some weak imprisoned spirits which were unable to escape. In the Last Kingdom she met King Meng. He was a good and handsome man, a great warrior and became her good friend. But, as a woman, she could not stay safe in this Kingdom, because their morals and circumstances were more strict and difficult. So, in the end, King Meng proposed to her a marriage to keep her safe. He knew about her futile love for the emperor Dong Hua.

FJ: But, Meng, why do you want to marry me and not to wait for your own woman? This is not reasonable. You know that I have loved somebody else, whom I still try to forget.

Meng: I know, but I have no time to search for my own love.

FJ: How? I don't understand.

Meng: I am ill and I cannot live for long. I was poisoned when I was fighting against a bad spirit in the Forbidden Land. I endured the illness, but this will not last for too long. So, if you marry me, you will be safe in my kingdom, even after my death as my widow. And, anyway, you are a light in my life because of your good and cheerful character. Perhaps, I would have fallen in love with you, if I felt free.

Feng Jiu was astonished by the bad news. How could he die so soon? She was desperate because of her futile love for Dong Hua, but would it be right to marry Meng?

Meng: Feng Jiu, whenever you want, I promise you, I will let you free.

FJ: Since you are not going to live for long, I will not abandon you. I will be with you till the end.