3 The first meeting

3.- The first meeting

More time has passed and some severe problems have already emerged in some lands, mainly wars and not only limited fights between the various clans, which try, like the demon clans, to extend their territories. Feng Jiu is now obliged to be present in the Sky Kingdom. So, she makes her appearance there. She was extremely beautiful, more than before. Not very different, but this calmness in her eyes makes her more mature and special. She is wearing a blue gown, her half hair falls down on the back and the other half is kept in order with a very nice hairpin on the head. Such a beauty in simplicity. She entered the Great Hall and everybody looked at her. She bowed to the Heavenly Lord and to Dong Hua Dijun and then headed to her position near her uncle. Dong Hua was staring at her with great intense, but she ignored him.

The problem for the meeting was the various conflicts between the clans and mainly between the clans and the demons. Also, the other problem was that the distant kingdoms (which were the ones neighboring with the Forbidden Land) were not so closely attached to the Sky Kingdom and there was the danger, that they would announce their independence. One of these kingdoms was, of course, the Last Kingdom, the strongest of them. Many proposals were heard, among them the marriage alliances with these kingdoms to make the connection stronger.

After many proposals had been heard, Feng Jiu got up and spoke.

FJ: Although I am not so experienced as the most of you are, I want to speak my mind. We must first investigate the origin of these conflicts. Are they due only to the arrogance of their leaders or, perhaps, sometimes they seek independence because they feel wronged? When I was king's wife in the Last Kingdom, I had heard various leaders complaining for lack of justice. This is a problem which can be solved only by justice and not by wars and punishments. Only after solving this, we can have the necessary clear sight of the problem. We will, also, avoid to create more problems and enmity.

The others were surprised by her maturity and her courage to speak like this in front of the Heavenly Lord and Dijun. Then Dijun spoke.

DH: Queen of Qing Qiu has really a strong point in the matter. We must investigate thoroughly.

He looked at her with some hidden respect and then all dispersed in the gardens of the Central Palace.

She was ready to leave, for the time being to her aunt's palace, but Third Prince, Lian Song, approached her.

LS: Queen Feng Jiu, I was astonished by your wisdom and straightforward manners. Your husband must have been a very wise man and king.

FJ: Yes, he was.

LS: I heard from Zheng Yu that you lack him very much.

FJ: It is true.

LS: It's a pity he died so early, when you are still very young. I suppose that it will be very difficult for you to replace him in a distant future.

FJ: Oh... but I have no intention to marry again. This was enough for me. Why should I put myself in the difficult position of a second marriage and destroy even my good memories of my previous one?

LS: This is really a unique point of view.

Lian Song had seen that Dong Hua was near them and was listening their conversation. His face was darkened of... something. He was obviously embarrassed.

After the meeting of that day, Dong Hua, the Heavenly Lord and the Imperial Princes of the Sky Kingdom met together to discuss about the problem.

DH: First, we must seek justice and erase the wrong doings. We can no more avoid it. Then, we can discuss about other measures. I never mess with such problems, but now the world's situation is very critical for me to ignore it.