chapter one

author's note: hi, i hope you enjoy this story. this is just a bit of my free writing. love you <3

"Hey Abb, are we still on for coffee this afternoon?" asked Spencer, who has been my best friend for almost two years now. Ever since I joined the BAU, we had become best friends, building such a strong bond. I guess we bonded over work and all the trauma we had been through, both together and before we met each other.

"I mean I guess." I replied rolling my eyes at him, before bursting out into laughter. I always loved to joke around with him, his reactions were always priceless.

"Ugh I hate when you do that Abby! If you are actually up to it, I'm leaving here in half an hour ok?" He replied, playfully punching my arm.

"I'll be ready before then." I said, getting up from my desk to grab yet another cup of coffee. I loved nothing more than going anywhere with Spencer, he was my best friend after all. We always managed to have a good time where ever we went together, cracking jokes 24/7. I would say we were the type of friends that told each other everything, and only kissed each other a few times. Okay, maybe more than a few times, but we were drunk and it was just as friends.

Time seemed to pass by faster than ever as I worked on our latest case report. It wasn't anything too big. Same as always, white male in his late 30s to early 40s, abused as a child, mother passed which set him off. He went on a spree, killing 3 women that resembled her, leaving them in a kiddie pool sized bin full of gelatin after he performed a lobotomy on 3 out of his 4 vics. We luckily caught him before he killed victim 4. Bonkers. But we had him behind bars for the rest of his life, which was a relieving feeling that he couldn't hurt women any more.

"Are you ready yet?" Spencer asked, tapping my shoulder. I looked over at the clock seeing that it was already 2:30.

"Shoot. I'm sorry I let the time pass by. Let me grab my coat, I'll meet you at the elevator." I said, getting up from my desk to grab my coat.

"Hey where are you going girl? It is 2:30 and last time I checked it ain't time to go home just yet." asked Morgan. He was Spencer's best friend, or should I say older brother and personal wing man?

"Goodness, calm down. I'm just going to grab coffee with Spencer and get out of here for maybe an hour at the most, don't act like it's anything new we do it at least once a week. You know, you should get out too. Sitting at that desk for too long could lead to musculoskeletal. Can't be good for all those muscles of yours." I said, with just a bit off sass.

"Oh I see boy wonder is rubbing off on you. Don't get too smart now Abby. Get out of here, I can see Spencer waiting for you, and you know him, he don't wait for long." said Morgan, before messing up my hair.

"Hey!" I said, fixing my hair as I hurried out of the office to the elevators.

"Okay do you still want to grab coffee, or would you want to go to the park instead?" Spencer asked as we both stepped into the elevator.

"We can go to the park on one condition, I swear Spencer Reid if you throw me into those sprinklers again." I said punching his arm. He laughed at my remark. The last time we went to the park together, he beat me at a game of chess, and then just as I thought we were leaving he picked me up and dragged me through the sprinklers leaving me soaking wet. 

"No promises." Spencer said with that same smile of his smirked across his face. The elevator finally arrived at the ground level and we both walked to our cars, that were conveniently parked next to each other.

"It's my turn to drive." I said to Spencer before he could convince me to let him drive.

"Abby, are you sure? You know I should just drive, let me grab-" Spencer said reaching into his pocket.