chapter five

As I woke up, I was greeted by the sound of my alarm clock and smell of freshly brewed coffee. I had totally blanked at the fact that the girls stayed over last night until I heard a slight knocking at the door.

"Good morning sunshine." Kate said softly, opening my bedroom door, walking over to sit next to me.

"Hey. Good morning. How much longer do I have with you guys?" I hoped it would be forever. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to our next case, meaning I'd have to go back in to the office.

"Well, our flight is in four hours, which means you have about two more hours with us." Kate said, rubbing my back. She always knew how to comfort me, especially when I was a mess of emotions.

"Are you hungry? JJ cooked breakfast for us all, and I think it is almost done." asked Kate, refocusing my attention as I zoned out.

"That'd be great. Let me throw on a sweatshirt and I'll be right down." I was absolutely freezing for some reason, even though I was buried beneath three blankets and my comforter. I walked over to my closet to throw on one of my hoodies from college, and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Look who's up." Emily said, handing me a cup of coffee just how I liked it, two Splenda and a splash of cream.

"Thank you Emily." I thanked, beginning to yawn.

"So, Kate and Tara have to leave here in about an hour, and Hotch wants us in the office by 11, we have a case." JJ rambled, handing me a plate of food. Egg whites with veggies, just what I loved.

"Ugh. Are you kidding me. I don't even want to go back in to the office." I grumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Come on. You'll be fine." Emily reassured me, taking a sip of her coffee. The more I thought about another case, the more I wanted to go. Not to see Spencer, but to solve the case and help someone out. The only reason I joined the BAU was to help people, my smarts were just an added bonus I guess.

"Fine, I guess." I mumbled, getting up to wash my plate. After breakfast, we said our goodbyes to Kate and Tara, and I tried my best not to cry. Emphasis on the tried part. Tears were definitely streaming down my face as they pulled away in their Uber.

"Okay, we need to leave here in about an hour." Garcia informed us, closing my front door behind her. We all headed to get ready for the day, packing our go bags with anything we thought we needed.

Once everyone was ready, we all met back in my bathroom to put our finishing touches on our outfits for the day. Following JJ and Emily into my room was Garcia and my dog, Pebbles.

"Oh so I see you've found my princess Pebbles." I laughed, as Pebbles jumped up on my legs.

"I don't get how we didn't hear her all last night. Miss Pebbles found her way into my room as I was grabbing my go bag this morning." Garcia retorted as she called Pebbles over. Pebbles was a small, long-haired chiuahua who was practically my daughter.

"Oh you are such a good girl! Yes you are!" Penelope bubbled in her best baby voice. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do the same to Pebbles too.

"Okay, are you guys ready?" Emily asked, fastening her hoop earings.

"Let's roll." I said, grabbing my keys from my dresser. We all headed to our cars, as I stayed behind for a second to set the alarms and grab my gun from my safe. As I got into my car and started it, I remembered to text my neighbor, Magnolia, who was also my dogsitter. Mag was only 13, but was like another daughter to me.

"Hey Mag. I just left for another case, not sure when I will be back. Alarm is set, can you come over and check on Pebbles when you get back from school? Starbucks when I get back, my treat."