chapter ten

a/n: hiii! i'm sorry about the cliffhangers on the last two chapters, and maybe this one, but i hope you enjoy this one! i love you <33

Spencer's POV

My heart shattered. Not breathing? What do you mean she isn't breathing? Morgan grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the room. I began to bit my nails, trying not to panic, but I couldn't help it, I started slamming the walls in anger as Morgan grabbed my hands, pulling me away before I could hurt myself. I walked down the stairs, trying to calm myself down before sitting there, alone, with my thoughts. 

"We need a medic in here now!" JJ yelled from a distance. I couldn't bring myself to walk into the room and see Abby like that.  I can't lose her. After Maeve, I can't lose my best friend. 

----------------

Abby's POV:

I heard people rush into the building where I was being held. Footsteps approaching, people yelling. Just then, the unsub ran into the room, grabbing me by my hair, slamming my head against the wall. 

"You got lucky, your little FBI friends are here. Better hope you live." Even though I was weak, I managed to get my foot up on the wall, using my body weigh to push back on to him. He ran, as the footsteps got closer. I thought I was fine until everything went black. I could hear for a little bit until I think I fell asleep. 

"We need a medic in here now!" I could hear someone yelling. I tried to move but doing so hurt so bad. I could feel someone holding my hand. 

"Come on Abby, stay with me please." Emily begged. 

"Emily?" I tried to open my eyes but they were swollen shut, I presumed. 

"Abby! Abby!" she began to cheer. A wave of relief fell over the team. 

"Did you get him?" I asked, trying not to talk loudly, as it hurt my chest. 

"They got him. He ran down the hall, but Hotch and JJ chased after him." Morgan replied. Thank goodness. If he wasn't caught, I don't think I would ever go home. 

"Where's Spence?" My heart began to race as thoughts of him, hurt and scared, crossed my mind. At this point, the medics walked in, transferring me to a stretcher. My question, to be left unanswered. Emily walked me to the ambulance, leaving JJ to drive to the hospital with me. 

"JJ, I'm fine you don't need to ride with me. I'm sure Will and the kids miss you. I'm sorry for pulling you away from them on their time off." I felt so bad that the team came in on their time off to find me. 

"Abby" she grabbed my hand, holding it. "This was my decision. I wanted to save you, there was no thought in my mind telling me otherwise. You are one of my best friends, I didn't hesitate for a second."

"Wait, then where's Seaver? I didn't see her." I asked, as the medics hit the back of the ambulance, signaling we were ready to go. 

"The moment Hotch said to leave if you didn't want to use personal time, she was out. Derek yelled at her 'Don't let the doors hit you on the way out'" JJ giggled, impersonating Morgan. 

"I hope she never comes back." I replied, rolling my eyes. 

"Same here girl. I wouldn't want to come back after acting like that." 

"Embarrassing." I sang, in a silly tone. The pain was still present in my body, but talking with JJ made it not so bad. Sometimes, all you need is a familiar face to calm you down.  

We finally made it to the hospital where I was rushed in for X-rays and stitches. I always hated hospitals, they were so familiar to me. I was in and out when I was younger for the occasional broken bone and stitches, but when my mom got sick, they were somewhere I was too often. But, I knew she wouldn't want me to be sad, but know that she is right by my side, with me through everything.