chapter twenty-six

Spencer's POV: 

The sun shined through the cracks of the curtains that draped before the windows. I laid in bed, not wanting to get up, but knew I had no choice. My phone sat on the nightstand next to the bed, so I rolled over to grab it. I turned off my alarm before it could go off, so I didn't wake Abby, if she wasn't already up. 

About five minutes later, I got out of bed to get in the shower. Walking into the guest bathroom, I realized that none of my stuff was down here, yet all in the master bath. Fighting my fears, I made my way up the stairs. 

"Abby?" I softly knocked on the door. No reply, so I slowly opened the door. The lights were still off and the curtains were pulled shut. As I turned the corner, down the small hallway that started the room, I saw that Abby was still in bed.

I headed over to the bathroom, trying my best not to be loud as I grabbed my soaps from the shower. When I left the bathroom, I flipped off the lights and slid the door shut. 

"Spence is that you?" Abby sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes as I shut the bathroom door. 

"I'm sorry to wake you, I just needed my soaps." 

"What time is it? I don't have my glasses on." she looked up at me, our eyes meeting. 

"Uh- it's 6:12." 

"Shoot." she threw the blankets off of her. "I better get ready."I nodded my head, before heading downstairs. 

As I stood in the bathroom, staring into the mirror, I glanced up at where my stitches once were, and the nasty scar they left. My hair was slowly growing back, much slower than I expected. I ran my hands through my hair before getting into the shower. 

Once I got out, I proceeded back to the bedroom to get dressed and finish packing my bag. I grabbed my shoes, setting them atop my bag, before zipping it up. I headed back over to the bathroom, combing through my hair, finally done getting ready. 

It was 7 am, so I decided to brew a cup of coffee prior to leaving for the lake. Black coffee and six packets of sugar. While I was pouring in my last packet of sugar, Abby walked down the stairs. She looked absolutely beautiful, I fought every urge to tell her, just because I knew she probably didn't want to talk. 

"Uh, so do you want to ride with me to the lake. I mean, it's only about twenty two minutes from here. However, with traffic, it might be more like thirty." I began to ramble. Shoot, why was I even talking? 

"I was uh actually going to ride over with the girls if that's okay with you." My heart sank as she sat on the counter, sipping her morning coffee. 

"Oh, no that's f-fine." I stuttered. 

We both sat there in awkward silence, drinking our cofee before we left. The girls arrived, as I helped Abby take her bags to the car. 

"Thanks Spence." She smiled. Finally, making some progress. I waved as they pulled away, before grabbing my bags from the house, setting the alarm, and pulling away. 

--------------

Abby's POV: 

"So what's the deal with Spencer and you?" Garcia asked, turning out of my neighborhood. 

"Well, I don't really know. I mean I'm still mad at him." I glanced down to my hands. 

"But what about getting married?" Garcia continued.

"Penelope!" JJ yelled. "Remember what we said about the m word?" She threatened. 

"Uh- I mean I'm sorry to hear that. I'm here for you always." Garcia spat.