chapter twenty-eight

background: it was about a week later since the boat trip. the BAU ladies had finally planned a night out.

-------------

Abby's POV:

"Let's go!" Garcia approached my desk, purse in hand and impatiently awaiting our departure.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I logged off my computer, sliding my drawer open to throw some files in it. I leaned down to grab my purse from underneath my desk, only to hit my head coming back up.

"Ouch!" I yelled, rubbing the top of my head.

"Seems like someone's a klutz." Spencer spun his chair around to face my desk as I fished my keys out of my bag.

"You don't have much room to talk." I giggled watching him roll his eyes.

"When do you think you'll be home?" Spencer asked. I knew he hated being home alone, especially with me being out. It didn't help that he knew every statistic there was about female kidnappings and all that kind of stuff.

"Uhhh I don't know, maybe three?" I gave him a shy smile, hoping he wouldn't kill me but say yes.

"Three?! Abby that's late."

"Come on! Don't be lame."

"That's fine, but I'll call you a few times just to check in, ok?"

"Yes Mister Protective." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey! That makes you Misses Protective."

"Whatever, I'll see you when I get home, I love you."

"Love you more." Spencer pecked my lips before I caught up with the girls.

"Let's get this party started!" Emily laughed, pressing the ground floor on the elevator.

//

"I'm going to go grab us some beers." Emily handed me her purse before walking over to the bar. I followed JJ and Garcia to an open table that we sat down at. After roughly twenty minutes of driving around, we finally settled on our local bar, Jimbo's.

"We've only been here five minutes!" Garcia commented, looking over at Emily who had already picked up a guy.

"Yeah but look at her." JJ picked up a few beer nuts to snack on. "She broke away from the group, guy saw her alone."

"Must be serious." Garcia mumbled.

"Ladies, this is Brad. A real FBI agent." Emily smiled, setting down the drinks on the table.

"Really?!" I acted shocked.

"No way!" JJ took a sip of her beer.

"That's exciting! What's it like at Quan-tee-co?" Garcia mispronounced, as I struggled to contain my laughter.

"It's uh quite impressive." This "Brad" dude replied.

"What department are you in?" JJ questioned, giving him a smirky look.

"That's classified." He smiled, slightly. I could just tell that he was getting off on the fact that he was blatantly lying. And I thought Spencer was a bad lier.

"Wow, it must be tough keeping all those secrets." I looked up from my drink, giving him a smile.

"You know, it's a skill like anything else. Carpenters are good at building stuff, measuring. FBI's good at keeping secrets and kicking criminal ass." He chuckled a bit. JJ and I both shot him the same look. Our attempt of telling him that it was obvious he wasn't an agent, but we still held in our laughter somehow.