chapter fifteen

a/n: this first part of the story may seem a bit confusing, but it is a back track a bit from the last chapter, but through spencer's pov. so pretty much it will start from when abby and spencer arrived at the office, past the end of the last chapter, but through spencer's pov. 

Spencer's POV:

As I walked into the office, I immediately parted ways from Abby, sitting down at my desk. I don't know why but it made me so mad that all she could talk about was Anderson. I mean, what the heck, the dude isn't even apart of our team. I just don't get it. Seeing her so happy to see him this morning just made me mad, a little bit jealous. 

"Good morning." Emily said, walking down to sit at her desk across from me. 

"Nope, bad morning." I muttered, looking down at my case file. 

"How come?" 

"Abby." I replied, leaving Emily a bit taken back. 

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" 

"It's fine. She's fine. All she could talk about this morning was coming to see Anderson." I looked over to his office, as the blinds were open I could see him pick her up in a hug. 

"Ugh throw me over the boat I'm gonna be sick." I said, fixing my gaze on Emily and not the office. 

"So pretty boy is jealous?" Emily quizzed. 

"I guess. I snapped at her this morning and I feel bad. It doesn't help that when she tried to hold my hand walking into the office, I pulled it away."

"Oh, Reid, you are screwed." Emily began to giggle as JJ joined us. 

"Wait, what's going on?" JJ asked, sitting down on Emily's desk. 

"Reid snapped at Abby this morning and didn't let her hold his hand this morning." 

"Why Spence? I mean I know that you hate when people touch your hands, but with Abby you never cared." JJ looked over at me. 

"I don't care when Abby touches my hands, her touch always seems to calm me down. She was just so excited to see Anderson this morning, that it seemed like he was the only thing on her mind. I mean, I just don't get it." I raised my voice a bit. 

"Somebody's jealous." JJ stood up from Emily's desk, walking over to me to mess up my hair. "You better make things right, and soon." 

Garcia then walked in telling us that we have a case. I was looking forward to leaving town hopefully. Walking into the conference room, I sat down at the table, ignoring Abby reuniting with all of the team. 

"Okay. We have two double homicides in the past two weeks in Atlanta, Georgia. 23 year old Tafel Jones and 22 year old Quinley Marks were found in a local park. They were posed next to each other, sitting on a bench as you can see on your tablets. And then we have 24 year old Yaylee Franks and Emrey Snow both left the same at another local park. All four causes of deaths were the same. Friends say that they were all heading home from the same bar when they were supposedly abducted." Garcia went on. 

Looking over the file, I could tell that all four women looked similar in appearance. Brown hair, tall, good looking. Well, not as good looking as Abby. Abby isn't good looking. She's so much more than that. She's gorgeous. Beautiful. Lovely. I could go on for days. 

"Who found the bodies?" Rossi asked, snapping me out of my daze. 

"Local PD got a call about them. Local teenagers found them." Garcia replied.

"Well these victims are all obviously surrogates." I chimed in. "Notice these stab wounds. They are all shallow and in places that cause a slow bleed. The unsub didn't want these women to die quick, but suffer. And assuming by the shallowness, he's not too comfortable yet." I continued.