chapter twenty-four

Spencer's POV:

"Ugh shut the hell up." I groaned, rolling over to see who was calling me. Hotch.

"How can I help you?" I sassed.

"We have a case. Can you be down here in 30?"

"I guess." I hung up my phone, throwing it to the other side of the bed. I managed to find the motivation to get ready for work and put together a bag for wherever we would end up. Being by myself for the past few days has been so weird. All I really do is read, review cases, and cry. Same as always.

As I was brushing my teeth, my phone conveniently buzzed once again. At this point I wasn't even looking forward to going into the office. Just means I'll have to see her. Picking up my phone, I hoped to see a text from Abby but all that was there was a notification alerting me that there has been a mass shooting in Dallas.

Not exactly where I wanted to go, but whatever. I threw my bag over my shoulder and headed downstairs to the garage. It still felt so weird being all alone in this house, considering it was Abby's to begin with. A sense of loneliness fell over me.

----------

Abby's POV:

"Come on! We're going to be late." Penelope yelled from the car.

"I'm coming!" I hollered back, attempting to straighten out everything in my arms before getting in the car.

Pulling out of Garcia's garage, we got on the freeway to the office. I was absolutely dreading seeing Spencer. At this point, I didn't care if I ever talked to him again, screw us being engaged and owning a house together. I was even doubting if I wanted to actually marry him.

We finally arrived at the office, parking in Garcia's assigned spot. I followed her into the office, hoping that we wouldn't bump into Spencer along the way and we got lucky.

"No way, you need to face your fears. At least go sit at your desk." Garcia scolded me as I tried to follow her to the computer cave.

"But-" I tried to convince her otherwise.

"You don't even have to talk to him, just go sit down at you desk so I can get this case lined up to brief you guys." she insisted.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes before walking to my desk.

There he sat. His head engulfed in the case file, not even noticing me walk by. I sat down at my desk, setting my go bag next to me. I opened the file that set atop my desk. Not much was in it considering the shooting occurred only an hour ago, only a few crime scene pictures of the victims.

"We're leaving now." Hotch headed towards the doors, followed by the rest of the team. I jumped up from my seat, grabbing my bag before catching up to them.

"What's going on?" Rossi asked, trailing behind Hotch.

"There's been a mass sniper shooting in Dallas." Hotch answered.

"How many victims?" JJ chimed in.

"Still unclear. Three confirmed deaths so far." Emily answered JJ.

"We don't know much beyond that." Hotch pressed for the lift.

"Is it a terrorist attack?" I asked.

"Well if it is, they're happening more frequently. First the Boston marathon, then the cleaver incident in London." Morgan joined us.

"We're also coming upon the fiftieth anniversary of the assassination of JFK which also took place in Dallas." Spencer butted in as we all walked into the elevator.