chapter twenty-two

background: it has been about a month and a half since spencer and abby got engaged. their relationship has been in somewhat of the honeymoon phase, nothing but sunshine and rainbows as garcia would say. cases haven't been anything out of the ordinary, life has been pretty normal for everyone. 

Abby's POV: 

"Spencer get up!" I grabbed his shoulder as he was fast asleep next to me. All of a sudden I began to hear footsteps downstairs, even though nobody else was in the house except us. I reached over to unlock my one of many gun safes around the house, that sat on my nightstand. 

"What babe?" Spencer rolled over to face me. 

"Get up I think there's someone in the house, the alarm beeped and my phone says the back door opened." Immediately, Spencer jumped out of bed, reaching for his gun too. Now, in any other situation, I would let him lead the way, but there was no use considering I was just as capable to fire a gun as he was. He followed closely behind me, as I opened the door to our bedroom. 

Walking down the long hallway that led to the master, I began to hear more and more footsteps down stairs, almost as if multiple people were there. Looking over the railing as Spencer and I stood in the loft, we saw five people nearly destroying our living room. Two male three female. All young, teenagers. 

"Jasmine, here catch this." The young boy threw a picture frame that sat on a bookshelf across the room. 

"Hunter! What did I tell you about throwing things?" She attempted to keep quiet, but was clearly loud enough for us to hear, probably even from our bedroom. 

"You take left?" I whispered to Spencer, looking at the two staircases that led downstairs. We parted ways, keeping our guns pointed at the floor as we slowly made our ways downstairs. The smell of beer filled the air along with the smoke from weed. 

"FBI! Show your hands!" Spencer yelled, as he raised his gun. The one boy, dark hair, light eyes, reached back for his bag. Before he could successfully pull anything out, I ran over, tackling him to the ground. 

"You're messing with the wrong agents." I snapped, holding him to the ground with my foot. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" one of the girls asked, clearly under the influence of some drug. Even though it was only Spencer and I, we managed to get the rowdy teenagers under control. 

"Sit." I pushed the other boy back on to the couch. It was all torn up, knives from our kitchen littered the floor. 

"We're really sorry, we had no clue you guys were agents." The red head pleaded, tears in her eyes. Rage grew within me as I looked over seeing the television smashed, windows shattered, and the walls covered with graffiti. Money wasn't a worry but it was the fact that they had the nerve. 

"You think it is okay to come into our home and destroy it? What were you thinking?" I began to raise my voice. Spencer placed his hand on my back, calming me only a bit. 

"Come on, we can do what we want." the boy, supposedly named Hunter, chimed in. 

"Call Garcia and get the team over here." I turned to Spence, trying to keep my calm. 

"No please don't call the cops, we can pay you for this." one of the brats begged. 

"Oh no, we aren't calling the cops, we're calling our team. Remember? We're agents, worse than cops." I squeezed my fists that rested beside me. 

"Names." Spencer commanded, not wasting a moment. 

"Hunter James Lyle, Cathrine Ann Seens, Mallory Grace Newman, Terry Joseph David, Makenzie Alexa Davis, and I, Jasmine Loie Smith." one of the batted off. Spencer typed them all into their phone, sending them off to Garcia who was headed to her office. About ten minutes later, the entire team arrived. Morgan walked over, along with Hotch, handing Spencer a pair of cuffs to begin detaining all of the kids. 

"It looks like they got in through the front door." JJ walked over to me. I looked over to where our front door was, laying in the entry way. It puzzled me how they possibly knocked the door down, considering none of them were any Morgan. 

"Are you guys going to press charges?" Emily came from behind. 

"You know, I want to at least to teach them a lesson but who knows about Spence, he's such a softie." I told them. If my kids did this and the victims didn't want to press charges, I would make my kids pay. Kids like these have to live and learn, the hard way. 

"Just damages, no injuries so all you guys have to do is contact insurance. And if you want to press charges, I can file the report with Spencer." Hotch informed me. 

"I'll speak with Spencer later and let you know our decision." I glanced down at my watch, it read 3:12 am. The team gathered in the foyer. 

"Garcia, what did you get back on these kids?" Spencer asked. 

"They are your typical spoiled brats, living large from the looks of it. Surprisingly, four out of the five kids' parents are still married, the other's widowed. But these kids seem to have known each other for awhile, like since kindergarten. The girls are younger and the boys are all seniors in high school." Garcia rambled off as local officers took away the teens. 

"Thanks baby girl." Morgan butted in before Spencer hung up the phone.

"But why us?" I asked, puzzled. 

"I think all we need to worry about right now is the insurance claims, not why we were hit. I think it was at random. Let's not waste our time expanding on why but focus on moving on." Spencer said. I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Okay, we should be expecting a case on Wednesday, so that gives you guys about three days to at least get the house secured before leaving." JJ told us. 

"Sounds good. Sorry again guys for calling you over at these hours." Spencer laughed nervously. 

"No worries pretty boy, gotta keep you and cupcake safe." Morgan punched his shoulder playfully. We walked the team out, unable to shut the door behind them, considering it rested on the floor. 

"Ugh! This is ridiculous." I grabbed one of my vases that sat on our entry table, throwing it to the floor, watching it shatter. I was enraged.

"Hey hey, calm down." Spencer pulled me in, but I pushed him away. 

"Let me guess, you don't even want to press charges?" I threw my hands up. 

"I never said that." Spencer grew defensive. 

"But do you?" 

"I mean, if you want to, I understand that these kids need to learn a lesson." It shocked me to hear him say he thought the same. 

"Fine." I turned my back, walking to observe the true damage of the living room. I leaned down to pick up the knives that were scattered everywhere, walking them pack into the kitchen, placing them back in the knife block. 

"Abby" Spencer trailed behind me into the kitchen. As he walked over to me, I collapsed into his arms in tears. 

"I know." He traced circles on my back with his hands, calming me a bit.

"Once I got this house, I worked so hard for everything. And now that's all ruined." I wiped my tears. 

"It can all be replaced. Nothing burned down, nobody got hurt, and you still have me." Spencer ran his fingers through my hair. 

"I guess you're right." I walked over, pulling our mugs from the cabinet to brew some coffee. We had a long day ahead of us, running on little sleep. 

-----

a/n: i know this is a bit of an odd chapter, but it's more of a filler. hope you guys enjoy abby and spence as a team lol.