chapter thirty-six

Abby's POV:

"Get out" Spencer yelled as soon as I walked into his room. 

"Spence," 

"Abby, get out." he demanded. However, I didn't listen to him and proceeded to pull up a chair next to his bed. 

"Spencer what is this about?" I asked, hoping he would talk, but I got no response. 

"Fine then." I stood up from the chair, making my way to the door. 

"Is it true?" Spencer mumbled as I placed my hand on the door knob. 

"Is what true?" I turned back to face him. 

"That you never loved me." he began to tear up. 

"Why would you ever think that?" I stood before him, extremely confused at this point. 

"You told me that you never loved me and then left and then I called Morgan who told me to get over it and then took dilaudid and then saw us getting married and then ended up at Emily's house and then she made you come over but before you made it, you got in a car crash and I couldn't save you." Spencer rambled on as he started to cry.

"Spence, that's not true, I'm still alive." I affirmed him. 

"But do you not love me?" I sat down beside him on the bed, wiping his tears. 

"Is that even a question?" I asked sarcastically. 

"So you don't love me?" 

"Spencer, of course I love you." I smiled, now crying a bit. 

"But I don't get it, you were dead, how come you're here now?" he looked at me oddly, wondering how I was alive. 

"Everything that you just told me happened when Scratch drugged you," I explained. "None of that actually happened." 

"Good." Spencer let out a deep breath. 

"Move over you ass." I smiled, laying down next to Spencer, as he let me rest my head on his shoulder. 

"You know, I should be mad at you." I admitted. 

"And I should be mad at you." Spencer repeated. 

"You go first." I told him. 

"Well, actually mine didn't happen, wait why are you mad?" he looked at me, puzzled. 

"You kicked the shit out of me earlier." I pointed to my semi-swollen eye. 

"So that's how you hurt your eye." Spencer realized. 

"Yeah, didn't feel too good, but luckily JJ had some Advil." I pulled my knees to my chest. 

"I'm sorry babe." he grabbed my hand before kissing it. 

"You don't have much room to bag on Hotch." I said. 

"What do you mean?" 

"You too kick like a nine year old girl." I giggled. 

"Hey!" Spencer looked at me, clearly offended.

"You're cute when you're mad." I tapped his nose, laying back on his shoulder. 

"Come in!" I responded to the knock on the door.

--------

Spencer's POV:

"Spence, how are you doing?" JJ walked over, sitting down next to me. 

"Fine, just a bit confused of what actually happened and what didn't." I told her.