8 letters

Keefe's POV:

Nightfall pg 668

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦

All those times Keefe felt too broken to put up his facade,she was there to pick up his pieces and put him back together,for him.She never judged him for crying or for being sad.She understood him.Just like what Forkle had said.

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴

''I love you mummy!"

But she never heard or bothered to say it back.She never showed him love.

But then he met her.She showered him with so much love and care she deserved some too.He would try to say it but it would just get stuck in his throat and nerves would prevent him from speaking  coherently.He could say it,but it would ruin their friendship and trust that Keefe needed to stay sane.

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘮 𝘐 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘺?.𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘐 𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘦

Everytime her hair falls into her beautiful eyes and every time she feels scared Keefe wanted to wrap his arms around her petite frame and protect her from danger.To smell her vanilla scented hair and to feel the warmth that radiates from her.She is like his Sun.Without her he would die.

He craves the feel of her supple skin but everytime they are close he pulls away.Because of Fitz.

Fitz liked her too and Alden asked him to let them be.Keefe had to keep a low profile and not get too close,watch as his best friend and the only person he loved together,while he just dies in the corner.He could say it,but he could not.

𝘐𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Then you should stay away from me," Foster said

"Now you're being ridiculous"

Its true. Keefe staying away from Sophie is impossible.Just being in a 1m radius would make him feel better and now that they were going into Nightfall in a few hours  he needed to be by her side.That one week in the hospital was horrible.He was supposed to be helping her instead he was bandaged up and forced to stay in bed.

He strode over to her,and Sophie tried to back away but she crashed into a wall.

"I'm serious, Keefe"

Foster and her worrying ways was definitely something that was rubbing off him.Isn't that why he leaped over to Havenfield after spending an hour worrying about her mental health and if she got enough sleep.

"Oh,I know .But your forgetting something, Foster"

He was close enough to reach out and gently tuck hair behind her ear.

He leaned in and could feel her breathe on his neck as fluttery things filled his stomach.

"I like a challenge,"he whispered into her ear

𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗞𝗲𝗲𝗳𝗲!𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗞𝗲𝗲𝗳𝗲

Silence filled the room.

"Speechless again?"

Sophie did not respond.She was just staring into his eyes,her breathing unsteady.Sweat dripped off her chin.Keefe followed it with his eyes as it traveled down her neck and into the neckline of her tunic as he respectably looked away.His eyes met her golden flecked ones that were diluted.Keefe gulped.He studied the constellations of freckled she had on her nose .The blush crawling up her face and down to her chest made Keefe's heart beat faster.Her full,pink and plump lips were being bitten by her pearly white teeth.

Keefe started to sway and placed his hands on either side of her head on the wall to steady himself.

He heard Ro's voice egging him to say it as Keefe cursed for being so close to her.

They might die in Nightfall.More like he would die as his Foster is a fighter.Its now or never he thought.

"You know there's something I need to tell you,"

Sophie looked up,her eyes shining in the light.

The 8 letters were stuck in his throat as he forced them out.

"I........like you Sophie,no,I love you Sophie.I love you with all of my heart and you make me  so happy and complete,without you,I don't think I can survive."

Sophie froze.Waves of nervousness and surprise hit Keefe. Keefe eyes welled up with tears.He screwed up big time.

"It's okay I should have known,"He said as he pulled away,heart heavy with pain and sadness.

Then he was grabbed by his collar as he was pulled towards Sophie,her lips colliding with his.

Keefe had many thoughts about how his first kiss would be.

But this one was different.

It was soft and slow but filled with passion.Happiness bloomed in Keefe's heart.

His skin tingled from where Sophie had touched him and he sighed as she played with his hair.

His hands wrapped around her waist as they both went crashing against the wall.

Grady and Edaline could walk in any moment.

Sandor and Ro could barge in.

But they did not care.Because if they did not survive that night,that would be their last kiss as well so they took time.

Took time to feel each other.

Took time to get accustomed to the taste of each other.

Took time to show their feelings.

Sophie pulled away,leaving Keefe in a daze.Keefe brushed his hand across his swollen lips.He was panting so hard and was pretty sure he was as red as Mr Snuggles.

"I love you too,Keefe"

And this time Keefe had no difficulty saying those 8 letters as he enveloped Sophie in a hug.

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬:)𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭.𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝟖 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐖𝐞.

ALSO THANK U PEPPER FOR THE IDEA AND FOR SUGGESTING THE SONG.I LOVE YOU!