I am here, always

Silence swept over Havenfield.   Only the soft sounds of the animals could be heard. Sophie stood near the open window, gazing at the twinkling stars.   The soft night breeze gently caressed her cheeks and played with the tiny hairs in front of her face.   She sighed as she walked away from the window.  She stopped in front of a mirror.   Her silky nightgown hung limply from her frame.  Her dark circles stood out like bruises against her pale porcelain skin. 

" You might want to use concealer for those," Vertina said.

 Sophie nodded.  He was going to come over that night and she did'nt want him to fret over it. She took out her rarely used concealer and covered them up.

A gentle knock came from her door as she quickly shoved the concealer into the drawer.  She opened the door to see Keefe standing there. His hair was smushed on one side and he was wearing furry pyjama bottoms with gulons. Mrs Stinkbottom was wedged under his arm and he had dark circles that could rival Sophie's.

"Hey Foster,"

"Hey"

Sophie stepped aside to let him in. Keefe ambled in and was about to plop on her bed.

"No smelly boys on the bed,"

"And Grady would kill me if I was found in your bed,"

Sophie blushed and avoided eye contact as he slid down to the floor.  Why was she blushing?  The thought of her cuddling with Keefe sent blood rushing to her cheeks.  She watched as he spread out the extra mattress.  His cheeks were bright red and his hands were shaking.  Sophie quickly busied herself with getting blankets for him as he looked up.  She passed him the blankets as she sat on the bed, fiddling with her nightgown.  Keefe laid on his side, watching her hands gently skate over the embroidery on edge.

" You have beautiful hands,"

Sophie froze.  She stared at him as laughter racked her body.  She fell over, clutching her sides. She slowly regained her composure to see him looking at her with a spark in his ice blue eyes. 

" Thank you? No one has complimented my hands before,"

" Well, erm they are graceful and erm soft ugh I don't know?"

Keefe Sencen was stuttering

And Sophie was trying real hard to not read too much into it.

"I think that you are a bit cranky,"

" I am NOT a kid," 

"You just whined,"

Keefe groaned as he fell back on to the mattress.

"Goodnight Foster,"

"Goodnight Keefie,"

Sophie could hear him snort as she went to sleep with a huge smile on her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie heard rustling and soft pants. She slowly opened her eyes and leaned over the bed , checking on Keefe.

He was breathing hard and sweat was running down his face , along with rivulets of tears. He was tangled in the blankets and Mrs Stinkbottom was all the way at the corner of the room, flinged across by his movement.

Sophie threw the covers of her as she tumbled down to the mattress he was on. She took his head into her lap as she stroked his hair gently,whispering sweet what not's into his ear.

"Its ok Keefe ,its just a nightmare,"

Keefe's eyes opened and Sophie found herself falling into a chasm of ice blue. Her hands were on his soft cheeks and she was basking in the warmth that practically radiated from him. 

Keefe promptly scooted away and Sophie's heart felt like it was ripped out of her chest and stomped on. Her hands awkwardly hung in the air as she forcefully put them at her sides.

" Why-"

" I can't get succumbed to your touch, Foster. Did you know that Mommy Dearest used to put me to sleep. And me being the naive boy I was, I loved it. Turn's out she was just grooming her creepy legacy aka me. Now, she left me and I am in this dark downward spiral. It hurts,Foster, despite me hating her. Its like every act of love I feel is temporary."

Sophie's heart shattered.

She made a guttural sound in her throat. She hated Gisela for breaking Keefe. He doubted her touch.

Sophie laid down beside him , twining her fingers with his.

" I will never leave you Keefe,"

 She moved closer to him and took his hands and placed them on her waist, her heart fluttering out of control. She wrapped her arms around his neck. She could feel his heartbeat.

" This way you will know that I am with you, the heat of my body and my heartbeat."

Keefe's gaze softened as his eyes fluttered close.

Sophie placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

" I am here, always," 

Hello everyone! Yes I did not update for over half a month but I was waiting for unlocked and now that I should be getting it soon I thot I should update. Anyways sorry for the short update. Love yall:)