Blanket pt 2

Wind caressed her cheeks as Sophie woke up. A tuft of blonde hair could be seen from the pile of pillows to her right. Sophie sighed as she wrapped Keefe's ice blue blanket around her tighter. The warmth of his hand and the blanket was so comforting and just right. This was their tradition. Sophie sinking into the bed while Keefe tucked her in with his blanket and lulled her to sleep with his warm soft hands. She could sleep free of nightmares and worries, for 5 years.

No one adopted Sophie or Keefe and she was internally grateful as she could spend every single day with him.

Watch him smirk, paint, tease her. Sophie loved him too much to let him go. Just like his blanket. Sophie could not sleep without the soft fabric around her shoulders,  the smell of Keefe and she is 12.

"You are so adorable when you sleep, especially when you drool,"

Sophie snapped up to see Keefe propped up on his hand on the opposite bed. Sophie blushed. She got up and stretched, folding Keefe's blanket carefully.

Keefe got up and made way to her. 

"I am so glad that I gave you that blanket. You take care of it better than I could ever do," he said as he tucked in a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

Sophie's breathing stalled like it always did when he was in a close proximity nowadays.

𝘕𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘯 𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘧𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘥

Sophie tried to side step away and she tripped over his leg, causing them both to tumble to the ground.

And perfect timing, the door opened and Jolie walked in.

"You guys are adorable! But canoodling will get you in trouble here,"

Sophie's face flamed up as she quickly got up and covered her face with her hair.

"Soooo....Jolie what are you doing here?" Keefe asked, his voice uneven
"Mrs Bettingham wanted to talk to you and asked me to escort you to her office,''

Keefe gave Sophie an uncertain look as he followed Jolie out.

Sophie fell back on the bed , counting the minutes go by.

45 minutes later, Keefe came back.

Sophie sprang up.

His eyes were bloodshot and his hands were twisting to the point that Sophie was sure he was gonna break them off.

"What happened?"

Keefe took a deep breath and said

"I got adopted and have to leave today,"

Sophie gasped and the world went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie slowly opened her eyes, praying that all of it was a bad dream.

"THANK GOD FOSTER! You woke up, I was getting so worried,"

She looked around and saw everything packed.

"Stay with me"

Keefe' eyes started watering.

"I cannot do anything foster, I have to leave"

"Then bring me with you,"

"They only want to adopt a boy,"

Sophie started to shake and her body shook with sobs.

"How am I supposed to live without you Keefe? I have no one and you are the only thing I have,"

Keefe said nothing. He wrapped his arms around her frail figure, stuffing  his face into her shoulder as he cried too.

Sophie realized that she was being selfish and she should be happy that he was getting a new life.

Sophie got out of his embrace and sat down opposite him.

"Sorry, I am being selfish .But your getting a new life and I truly truly happy for you. You can go to school, the mall. You can wear nicer clothes, eat better food and just lead a better life,"

Keefe looked up, eyes glistening with tears.

"But what's a life without you?"

"I will be with you, right here and here" Sophie said as she gently touched his heart and forehead.

"But you.."

Sophie cut him off. "I will be fine, but promise me that you will never ever forget me,"

Keefe nodded.

Sophie's throat closed off. This was really it.

She looked up and saw the clock, it showed 8 pm.

"I am going to bed now ,''

Sophie clambered in and Keefe tucked her in with his blanket.

"I can't take this,"

"No Foster, this is a piece of me that you will have forever and in a way I will always be with you,"

Sophie's heart fluttered. He was so sweet.

Keefe got in after her and laid beside her, his hands finding hers under the blanket.

They never slept in the same bed but today it seemed like even that little space between their beds has to be closed before Keefe moved miles and miles away.

With that Keefe kissed her forehead lightly and Sophie drifted away to sleep.

One last time with Keefe by her side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Sorry for not updating for so long. Hopefully this makes up for it! I had a random idea where in each update I ask a question and in that way we can get to know each other better

Who is your favorite artist?

For me my favourite male artists are Shawn Mendes,1 Direction and Why don't We

My fav female artists are Billie, Ariana ,Camilla and Selena.