Just Keefe and Her

This is a rewrite of the scene in Lodestar if Fitz was not present and there won't be any of the information or spoilers from Lodestar just in case some of you did not read it yet.

Sophie gagged.

The sour-cheese smell coated her tongue, and the salty ocean air made it ten times worse. The whole beach was covered in the gunk-a maze of sludgy pools and slimy black rivulets trickling toward the white-capped waves. Jagged rocks jutted out of the frothy water, blanketed with sleek black creatures that looked like part seal and part snake, with whiskered faces and long, coiled bodies.

"I am gonna strangle him for choosing such a smelly place" Sophie muttered.

"But you won't because you love me too much,"

Sophie spun around to find Keefe wearing another long black cloak, leaning against a clump of weathered rocks in the middle of the beach. The white eye symbol on his sleeves was almost as troubling as his smirk.

Sophie launched herself on him and hugged him as tightly as she could, taking in the scent of him. Keefe wrapped his arms around her waist, causing butterflies to erupt in her stomach.

What?

"Hey Foster,"

Sophie let go and backed a few steps.

"Hey,"

Keefe smiled and Sophie fidgeted under his gaze.

"Soooooo......"

" I know that you would ask for information and all the things I learnt from being in the Neverseen so I wrote a list and a summary and some theories to save time. I slipped away before they noticed so I have to go back pretty soon,"

Keefe took out a paper from his pocket and handed it to Sophie.

Sophie chucked it into her cape pocket .

Keefe raised his eyebrows as he studied her with confusion.

"Who are you and what have you done with Sophie Foster? The Foster I know would have opened that. Or get Foster-Feisty over me. Or ask me more questions. Or hyperventilate. Not that I don't appreciate you not fainting on me,"

Sophie sighed and squared her shoulders. Here comes the teasing.

" I just wanted to forget everything for a while. The Neverseen, the attacks. the Blackswan. And you are the one that makes me forget all the tension and the stress and I figured that you woud want to too,"

Keefe's gaze softened and Sophie blushed.

" So you want to hang out with me. Just you and me?"

Sophie nodded.

"I like that idea. I like that a lot"

She smiled. Keefe outstretched his hand and Sophie took it. He guided her through the melted selkie skin puddles .She could see Keefe's goofy smile through the corner of her eyes and it made her happy that she made him smile. Not a smirk. Not a grimace. Just a pure Keefe Sencen smile. She got to say he looked gorgeous with a smile. She turned her head a bit. 

He was way taller than her . About a head taller.  He had a very defined jawline that Sophie was sure could cut rocks.  His undershirt was tight around his shoulders due to the Neverseen's training and she had to admit that right now he looked somehow way better than Fitz could ever look.  Sure Fitz had a charming smile that caused her heart to flutter but Keefe's real smile made Sophie's heart stop.  His sun-kissed blonde curls bounced with every step.  The sunlight that filtered through his tresses casted long shadows on his cheekbones and defined the light freckles that Sophie never knew he had.  His eyes shined with happiness. His grip on her hand made her forget all her troubles and she never wanted him to ever let go.