𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐩

• • •

Dear Journal,

You know, I usually write a lot of bad stuff in here, but today I actually have something great. I might be overreacting but while I was getting bullied by Troy, there was this guy who looked like he wanted to help me. Dustin told me his name was Mike Wheeler.

I understand why he didn't do anything since he's popular and all but, the fact that he cared at all is what makes him more attractive, on top of the fact that he's already the "pretty boy" of the school. I've heard some of the girls talk about him before...and the things they wanted to do to him.

But me? No! I just wanna be his friend. Maybe have a conversation, nothing too serious. I know he's probably straight anyways so I literally have no chance at all. At least if were friends, I'll get to hang out with someone new and I won't be bullied anymore. The only thing is, I just don't know how to approach him. If I just randomly walk up to him that's not gonna go over well.

I probably shouldn't even try. What would he even want with me anyways. I'm sensitive, unattractive, a loser, and gay. Why must I be so fucking gay...

• • •

5 months later and everything was very different. Hey! I'm Vaeh (the author) and I'm gonna give you a rundown of the important things that led up to this book, just in case you forgot or need a refresher.

• • •

Hurt Me had 4 main characters.
Will, Mike, Troy, and El

Will was our artistic loner who was constantly bullied by Troy and who would over think everything.

Mike was a popular football player who only really kept to his small circle of friends: Lucas, Max, and El.

El was our popular cheerleader who was a closeted lesbian and having a relationship with Max behind Mike and Lucas' back.

Troy was your typical bully, fueled by internalized homophobia and crushing hard on Mike.

Month 1 (August)

• Mike and Will saw each other for the first time and after about a week or two, Mike talked to him and asked him to hang out.

• Troy's reputation started plummeting because 1. He didn't make the football team and 2. He got beat up by Dustin

• El and Mike go to the homecoming dance together (and come out to each other there)

Month 2-3 (September-October)

• El and Mike get together (so that no one would suspect they were gay)

• Will comes out to Mike

• Mike and Troy have their first kiss

Month 4 (November)

• Mike and Troy have their second kiss

• El finally breaks things off with Max for good

• Mike and Will fight and Mike becomes Troy's replacement as his bully.

• We are introduced to a New Character! named Isaiah. He took pictures of the kiss and tries to blackmail Troy but it doesn't work, so Mike and Troy get exposed.

Month 5 (December)

• Mike comes out to everyone at a party

• Mike and Will make up

• El gets a new girlfriend named Heather

• Troy was mad at his father and took out his anger on Mike by running him over.

Ok now you're all caught up. I still suggest reading the book for the minor details and flashbacks that are mentioned in this book. But if you've already read it or you just don't care, keep scrolling!

• • •