Chapter 5

After a night's rest the group followed the map, they walked in silence for a while before David spoke up.

“Hey. You need a break?” He asked Mary Margret.

“No, I’m good.” She replied as they kept moving forward.

“In this heat, you shouldn’t overtax yourself.”

“Oh, so you need a break.”

“No. No, I’m good.” David argued.

“Did David Nolan let himself go?” Snow teased.

“Does it look like he let himself?” She chuckled at his question.

“How much further?” Regina asked, tired of plants hitting her in the face.

“We should be getting close to Pan’s lair. Going in a straight-line course. . .” Emma replied she stopped to look at the map. “Son of a . . . How is it now behind us?” 

“How can that be?” Mary Margret asked.

“You got us lost.”

“No, she didn’t.” Hook said from behind Emma, looking at the map. “It’s the camp. Pan’s moving it.”

“He’s playing tricks on us.” sighed David.

“If Pan’s camp keeps moving, how are we gonna find Henry?” asked Emma as she looked at the group worryingly.

~~~

In Pan’s camp, Henry laid asleep underneath a big tree before he was startled awake.

“Cuckoo!” Pan shouted, “Wake up! Catch.” Pan tossed Henry an apple.

“I don’t like apples.” Henry said as he looked from the apple to Pan.

“Who doesn’t like apples?”

“It’s a family thing.”

“Well, don’t worry. They’re not for eating.” Pan said as he crouched down next to Henry. “It’s for a kind of game. A really fun game. I call it target practice.” Pan held up the crossbow.

~~~

Neal looked through his father’s things hoping that there would be something that he could use.

“You found the crystal ball. What else are you looking for?” Mulan asked as she walked up behind him.

“It showed me where Emma is. Now I have to get her.” He replied, not looking away from what he was doing.

“Uh, not sure you’re gonna find a horse in there, mate.” said Robin as he walked over.

“I don’t need a horse. I need a portal. A way to create a portal.” 

“Why don’t you calm down and tell me what the problem is? Perhaps I can assist.”

“Henry is trapped in Neverland with Peter Pan, who is, hands down, the nastiest person I’ve ever met.” Something boiled in Miranda’s stomach. She didn’t like how Neal was talking about him, but she didn’t know why she was getting so worked up. She doesn’t know Peter Pan.

“I saw Emma in that ball, not Henry.” said Mulan confused.

“Listen, I was in Neverland. Pan was looking for a boy -- a specific boy. I- I know he had some picture of him on a scroll. He called him ‘The Truest Believer’.”

“And you believe that to be Henry?”

“It has to be. That’s the only reason Emma would be in Neverland. Help me look.” Neal said as he started to turn back around. “Uh, lots of things make portals -- beans, magic mirrors, uh, ruby slippers, some kinds of ashes.”