Chapter 6

Emma followed Hook closely as she walked and stopped when she heard Regina clear her throat and get ready to sit.

“Hey.” She said.

“Hey.” Regina said back confused.

“You’re falling behind.” Emma pointed out. “Hook thinks her place is right up ahead. Come on.”

“Well, if she still lives there. You go waste your time searching, and I’ll wait.”

“What did you do to her?” Emma asked, stepping closer.

“What? Why would you assume I did something?”

“You met her before, right? In the Enchanted Forest?” asked Emma, “What’d you do, kill her brother? Steal her halo?”

“She’s not an angel.” snapped Regina. “Okay. We have a complicated history.”

“I knew it.”

“But if she sees me, she won’t help. And if she is the way in. Well, then trust me, my staying out of her sight is probably best for Operation Henry.” She said as she sat down.

“Operation Henry?”

“What I’ve been calling it in my head because. . .”

“He’d call it that.” Emma finished as Regina sighed.

“He’d have a better name. But. . . it’s the best I could do.”

“Okay. We’ll get her and come get you.”

“No, don’t bother. It’s better if we never see one another. And if you don’t find her, keep going. Just get Henry. Don’t worry about Tinker Bell.”

“What the hell did you do to her?” Emma asked again.

“What I always do.” Regina sighed. Emma walked to catch up with the others as she left Regina. 

Regina glanced around as she heard rustling and stood up.

“Let’s get this over with, shall we?” She said. Tinker Bell came out of the bushes from her right.

“A ‘complicated history’?” Tinker Bell asked angrily, “That’s quite a diplomatic way of describing it.”

“You look terrible.” Regina said, glancing her over.

“You trying to provoke me?”

“Come and get me, Tinker Bell.”

“You think you’re so smart.” Tinker Bell said, stepping forward, “But you’re gonna fail.” Tinker Bell blew a powder in the Evil Queen’s face sending her to the ground, asleep. 

The other’s found Tinker Bell’s home but it was empty.

“No one’s home.” Hook said as he climbed in. “Come on up.” The David followed him in.

“She wouldn’t leave dust just lying around, mate.” Killian said once he noticed David start to look around. “It’s not here. I promise. Sorry.”

Emma climbed into the tree house shortly after.

“It’s pretty bare. Reminds me of someplace.”

“You’d think a tree house would be more cheery.” Mary Margret said as she climbed in.

“Where I used to live, that’s it.” Emma said.

“Because it’s just a place to sleep.” Snow realized as she looked around.

“What would you know about that?” asked Emma.

“I didn’t always have a canopy bed and a palace.” Snow huffed. “I had a place like this once.”