Chapter 1: Midshade Forest

A/N: School has been moved to Oct 5 (and I'm slowly losing my sanity coz of not going out much now) and, I won't be hoarding the chapters much with a/ns, I'll just leave some if they are really important; all of these art  (the character references and etc) all were drawn by me, anyways, enjoy the story!

-forgive me, but I suck at drawing men ;-;

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

The world wasn't been the same since, the people haven't remembered seeing a ray of sunshine for the last two decades, and it rarely rained, so the earth had become more like an utter wasteland.

Darkness has loomed over. Well, not complete darkness, but the skies have been clouded with grey and brown, and it never seemed to show any other color than that, because of that, demons now roam in the day. And at night, there aren't any stars that twinkle, and the moon wouldn't show.

No one could really blame anyone for grieving or be upset, everything has been awful and depressing.

The demon hunters have been trying to properly train more new recruits to help and protect the citizens, but sadly they weren't as strong as before, the Prism Deltarune; wielders of the power from light have been decreasing every year, and because of that, the humans feared even more that the Demon King will be the one ruling over them entirely for sure.

A few researchers and expedition hunters went out to the old ruined kingdom of Sperante, where the first and main Prism Deltarune Head Quarters was located, and it just so happened to be the same kingdom where most humans wielding the power of light have lived. Putting it on a bad note, everyone in the kingdom was either killed, enslaved, or turned into demon to serve under the Demon King, and part of the population were humans with the power of light that mainly served under the royal court in that said kingdom.

More horrible news upon the surface, stock for food, especially on crops has been low ever since the lack of sunshine and rain, more people have died from a natural disease or from starvation. Thirst wasn't such a problem, fortunately, waters from rivers and lakes aren't polluted, thankfully. But the vegetation and nature upon the lands have wilted. The grass turning dark green and brown, it would take a miracle if ever a flower would bloom, even in spring. The trees have grown bigger and thicker, fog would always arise every night as well.

The humans would cremate the dead instead of a burial, knowing that the demons would dig up the graves and feed on the remains to gain more power and strength. The human population has been decreasing rapidly, the people cowering in fear because of the bigger threat. And ever since they heard about the news of the death from the most powerful Demon Hunters there are, the people started to lose hope if ever this whole calamity will soon end.

~

Speaking of the Demon Hunters. The father, Renrink, of the cursed child, moved in to the villa of his well trusted comrades; Toriel and Asgore, conjurers of Orange Magic, with the power of earth and fire, and Gaster, a conjurer of Purple Magic, with psychic powers.