Chapter 10: 《Drained》

Ryan Davis: A football quarterback who loves hitting it from the back, and a good friend of Alex. His grades are nonexistent, but his parents' money help with that. Even though he is a cocky bitch he's sweeter than pop tarts when it comes to friends and family. He's usually at home lounging but today he is cockblocking.

"Oh shit I didn't know you had someone over."

That's the last thing he said before he closes the door and shouts something along the lines of dinner is ready. Dave doesn't get to ask who he is because Alex pulls on a shirt and is already half way through the door.

In minutes everyone is seated around the table. The ladies of the house, Alex's younger brother and sister.

Jaheim Templeton, however he prefers the nickname JJ. He is the whitest kid in the house but sticks to his 5% African roots because he is,self-proclaimed 'twelve year old prophet.'

Cassandra Templeton. A mixed girl from the very expensive procedure of two women having children. She is the only successful kid in the family from the process. So to speak the five year old already feels like she is second Jesus.

Ryan was also at the table beside Alex with a smile over his face as he stares longingly at the chicken.

"I am so glad that you could be here for dinner Dave," Chanelle Templeton gushes with a bright smile though it quickly fades. "Why are you here Ryan?"

Ryan shrugs, "My mom said it would great if I start spending some time with family so I came here." He grins, showing off his pearly whites.

Alex laughs at this and punches the red headed boy in his shoulder.

Kayden Templeton chuckles at this, "Why are you always annoying my wife? I tell you she hates you for having natural red hair while she had to dye hers." She whispers the last part but the woman beside her hears and slaps her harshly.

"That's funny mom." JJ sounds out as he chokes on a chicken and had to pat his own back.

Cassandra points her fork at him and laughs loudly, "Karma is a bitch huh." She grins with her high pitched voice.

In second a bread roll flies past Dave's head and hits the younger child square in the face.

"If you say one more bad word I will hit you with something harder." Kayden threatens calmly and rather scarily. Cassandra only nods and whispers it to JJ once more.

Dave turns to Alex who hasn't muttered a single word to him since the dinner started, only talking to Ryan with excitement. The type he would have to work hard for. "Is your family always like this?" He chuckles and Alex hums a response and let go of his hand so that he could turn around fully to talk to Ryan.

Dave frowns sadly and Chanelle sees this and points it out to her wife.

"So how does it feel to be a quarterback?" Kayden asks with interest.

Dave perks up at the mention of football and suddenly he forgets why he was sad. "Oh it's amazing. Not only does it give me a free workout every day but I also get recognition from colleges." He grins and Kayden laughs at his childish behavior.

"I watched your games, you are pretty good." She encourages and Dave blushes and mutters thank you.

Under the table Chanelle Temple squeezes her wife's palm as if to say thank you. They kiss for a for a few seconds but everyone around the table is too busy to notice.

The jock feels a poke at his side and looks down to see the very pale little boy grinning curiously at him.

"I play football too." He grins making Dave smile "But my Momma's family is from Brazil so its actually football." He runs his greasy hand through his hair without a care.