PROLOGUE

"Do you love me?"

He asked, with hope beaming in his eyes, inching closer to me with every word as I walked in the opposite direction. I looked straight into his eyes and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find anything except pure love for me. His face looked tormented as he reached forward to me, the sound of his broken heart clearly audible with his each step. I stared straight into his eyes with coldness, hurt and pure disgust mixed in mine. The intensity of my pained yet fierce gaze cuffed his advancing steps. I turned to go away when I felt his cold fingers wrap tightly around my wrist, before pulling me with all his force towards himself, making my back collide with the wall, pinning me to it, caging me between his hands. He stared at me with deep emotions in his eyes, before he placed his forehead onto mine.

"Please tell me. I love you. Do you love me?" He hissed, closing his eyes, his warmth breath mixed with the strong smell of alcohol filling the gap between us.

"I'm sorry. Sorry for everything. Please, forgive me. I really love you." He chanted once again, opening his eyes, with all his emotions brimming in them as I turned my face away, clutching the fabric of my black gown tightly between the fingers of my free hand, while my other hand was still wrapped tightly beneath his fingers. His gaze remained glued to my face with many unspoken emotions reflected in his eyes. I looked back at him, and once again got lost in the depth of his shimmering brown eyes. My face reflected the pain in my heart, while moisture began to cover my eyes. As much as I tried to deny it, his eyes held a strange warmth and I closed mine trying to run from the obvious.

"Please." He begged. I opened my lids, once again lost in the innocence that his eyes held at the moment, perfectly mirroring his pure emotions and his pure heart. His love for me was evident on his face, and I simply couldn't deny it anymore. The intensity of his gaze made me lose my control as I realised that I would be ready to lose anything just to get lost into his deep set eyes. I did not care about anything at that moment. He was here, with his heart held in his hands, outstretched to me. And at this point, I knew what I wanted.

"Please. Do you love me?" He repeated with love, fear, guilt and agony embedded in his face. His hopeful face.

"Yes." I lied convincingly.