SHOTA AIZAWA

Snippets - Shota Aizawa x gn!reader (they/them pronouns used)

» Genre: Angst
» Summary: While investigating a murder, Aizawa finds a piece of paper that reminds him of the past
» Warnings: murder; blood; (short) description of a dead body & injuries; police; implied depression; trauma
» Words: 2.2k
» A/N: I listened to the song "Red" by Survive Said the Prophet as an inspiration for this

The scene was a mess when Aizawa arrived. The glass of what used to be a rather fancy door and windows cracked under the soles of his shoes as he approached the building. The automatic door did not open anymore, so he simply stepped through the giant hole in the pane, closely followed by his fellow pro-hero Midnight. On the dark marble floor that adorned the bank's entrance, the shards looked like stars in the sky of a clear summer night. However, the stars were not of their usual colour – they shone in a bright red. Aizawa's eyes looked for the source of the red colouring and quickly fell onto the reason why he was there in the first place.

There was not much left of the expensive suit that the man had been wearing. It was ripped into pieces that hung loosely from his body, exposing the bone-deep wounds the man was covered in. An obnoxious smell came from the victim, but Aizawa refrained from covering his nose. Instead, he just clenched his jaw, the sensation a minor distraction from it.

Kayama crossed her arms in front of her chest. "He's dead."
Aizawa huffed in an amused manner. "I couldn't tell, thank you for pointing that out." He took a few brave steps toward the body. The investigators who had been taking notes and pictures of the victim and the scene made room for the hero. Their job was done and they disappeared outside.

Aizawa crouched down to get a closer look at the man. He was not particularly interested in the dead body itself, but in his suit. Trying not to get too much blood on his hands in the process, Aizawa reached into the man's pocket. His fingers grazed a tiny piece of paper. 'Bingo,' he thought before letting it disappear immediately and without anyone noticing. He was proud that not even Kayama's watchful eyes had picked up on him doing this. He was glad that the police had not found it yet, making it easier for him to maybe take a look at it later, despite already knowing what the piece of paper was.
Though, there was something in his mind that told him to leave it there, to forget about all this. To leave it to the police. Aizawa should let this rest and move one. God, that was giving him a headache. He got up with an annoyed gnashing of teeth.

"Oh, the heroes!" A fairly young policeman interrupted Aizawa's 'investigation' by approaching them.
"Any witnesses?" Kayama asked without hesitations.
"No, that's why nobody called the pros. He was found like that by a civilian when he was already dead." The man pulled out the notes he had been taking prior to the heroes' arrival.
"Has he been identified yet?" Even though they were not technically a part of the investigating forces, the heroes had to know everything. Catching the foe was their job after all.
"No. We're working on it," the man answered Aizawa's question. "You've taken a look at the body?"

"Yes."
"Do you have any idea who could've done this?" the policeman asked. Aizawa averted his eyes, afraid that the officer might know that he was lying when he said, "No. Isn't it your job to find that out?" His worries turned out to be unjustified as the policeman clicked his pen and let it, alongside with his small notepad, disappear in his pocket, an offended frown on his forehead. "That's correct," he answered, clearly struggling to keep his composure after Aizawa's comment. "The video tapes are being investigated at the moment."

Aizawa huffed again. "Yeah, good luck with that." Kayama gave him a warning side-look. He knew he went too hard on the newbies sometimes and being in no good mood after his small discovery did not make that any better.
"I'm afraid I don't understand," the young man stated.
"This was the work of someone who knew what they were doing," Aizawa explained. "There were no witnesses so that person knew the perfect timing for their attack. I'm sure they were aware of the security cameras as well. Even though they completely destroyed the place which makes it seem like a messy, spontaneous attack, it was a coordinated one for sure. This wasn't a simple robbery ending in murder, this was an assassination." The man looked at him, stunned. Kayama, on the other hand, was not too impressed.