KATSUKI BAKUGO

Cotton Candy - Katsuki Bakugo x gn!reader

» Genre: Fluff 
» Requested: Hi there. Your writing is amazing, I love it! Could I suggest Bakugou knowing how to get he wants and how to make you weak at the knees. Sorry if it doesn't make sense
» Warnings: swearing, mentions of death
» Words: 1.8k

A mild breeze brushed over your face as you inhaled the familiar scent of the funfair that was popcorn and cotton candy mixing with the smell of the warm spring day. The many booths spread across the field provided shadow, keeping you cool as you strolled around the fair midst the many people who had been drawn to the same spot by the inviting smells and sounds. The crowd's chatting was drowned by joyful screams and laughter whenever you passed by one of the rides, adults and children alike seemingly having the time of their lives.

Bakugo and you blended into the crowd perfectly. You had cotton candy in one hand, the other held onto your boyfriend's right one as you passed by the booths.

It was your first date in a while. The new boarding school system at UA put many restrictions on your free time, as well as on how you were allowed to spend it. You had gotten the permission to go to the funfair by All Might, who had given in after a few days of you begging him nicely and Bakugo threatening to blow stuff up if he didn't let you two go on this date. Any other teacher would have probably said no after the recent events of Bakugo and Midoriya sneaking out, but after all that, your boyfriend still managed to convince All Might. He knew how to get what he wanted at all times.

Most of the time, that was achieved by excessive yelling and him trying to intimidate the other person, sometimes even setting off small explosions and threatening to kill them – which was more terrifying to anyone than only intimidating – but it always worked. Though, there were some rare exceptions. And you were one of those.

Before you had started dating, and before you even became close friends, Bakugo used to try to get his way by yelling at you too, only to be met by a blank expression and you immediately brushing off his demands. It frustrated Bakugo to no end, to the point where he just gave up on that tactic. Asking nicely was what had worked out with you in the end, and it was what Bakugo had stuck with ever since, even though it felt humiliating - Bakugo could have walked around UA naked and he would feel the same. But if it was a way to get what he wanted, he would do it.

You got Bakugo's attention by tugging at his shirt lightly. "Look!" Bakugo's eyes followed the direction you pointed with your cotton candy and landed on a booth with a simple game – though what had caught your attention was not the game, but the prizes, specifically the stuffed animals.

"Huh?" Bakugo looked back and forth between you and the booth. "You want one?" You smiled and nodded silently. A frown formed on your boyfriend's face as he continued looking at you. "Seriously?!" "Come oooon, Katsuki!" you whined. "Please? This is a date after all!" He seemed to consider your words for a moment before he sighed. "Ugh, okay, fine." Letting go of your hand, he approached the booth and you followed him close behind.

The game was simple: you had to throw a ball at a target to win a prize. Bakugo dug his hand into his pocket and slammed some money onto the counter. "One throw." The man behind the counter exchanged the money with a tennis ball. Without looking at you, Bakugo yelled over his shoulder, "you want this one, right?" he pointed at a huge teddy bear dangling over the counter. "Yeah!"

"Young man," the guy behind the counter started, "I'm afraid you'll need more than one thro-" "Shut the hell up!" Bakugo began cracking his knuckles while eyeing all the targets in front of him.