Chapter 18: Birthday

"Then the dreadful night came. I-I just didn't know what to do," I begin, the lump in my throat beginning to appear. Fuck.

"I feel like we're finally getting somewhere Jayden. What happened?" Ms. Lowell asks. Part of me wants to rip her head off for not even caring for me, just thinking of me as a case, but I'm too far down this road and I just have to spill it out now. He invades my thoughts more so now than ever and my never ending spiral is returning, that familiar nightmare that won't leave me alone. It's suffocating and I don't know how to stop. It all hits me hard and everything tumbles out of my lips before I can stop them.

~

"Happy 23rd Birthday baby," I whisper in to the crook of Louis' neck, pressing a soft kiss there as he's still sleeping. He groans and rolls over, a smile covering his face as he says, "Thank you, but you can't kiss me like that when you're in this...condition."

"It's not like I still can't perform favors," I whisper to him and he groans as I rub my hand down by his groin. It's been so long since we've done anything.

"You're not being fair. The baby can hear everything we do," Louis points out. I sigh, "I guess you'll have to wait another month or so." Nine months is a long time.

"Can we at least snog?" Louis smirks and I roll my eyes. I press a soft lingering kiss to his neck.

"Not until you brush your teeth," I say causing him to groan again. I hurry out of the bed before he can reach for me and force me to stay in bed with him all day. We need to finish setting everything up for Christmas and the baby. Who knows when she'll be here?

"You tease," Louis lazily smirks as he sits up. I grab a robe that Zayn got me around two weeks ago. I kept complaining about being cold in the morning and he was sick of it. Despite the reason he got it, at least he thought about me.

"Take your time," I joke as he still hasn't opened his eyes yet. He laughs a bit as I go in to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and comb through my hair a bit, liking the way the waves turned out after I took out the braids. Louis lazily wanders in to the room and wraps his arms around my stomach, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"You look gorgeous this morning," he tells me.

"Hey no complimenting me today. It's your birthday," I scold.

"Exactly it's my day and I should be able to do what I want," he counters. I roll my eyes at his statement, not wanting to argue, and leave his arms, "I'm making breakfast." He pouts, but I still leave and go in to the kitchen. I quickly get out the materials I need and make my famous crepes that every one loves.

"Smells delicious," Louis announces after a little bit as he enters the kitchen. He's dressed now, wearing a pair of black skinnies and a white T-shirt. He has socks on and a Christmas like zip up jacket that remains undone on. Mm. How did I get so lucky after such a bad start?

"Thanks," I tell him as I set two of the thin pancakes on his plate. He grabs the jam and whipped cream, making his breakfast. Honestly, the smell of the food is making me feel sick, but it's his birthday and I shouldn't make a scene because I can't eat what I want for once. I'm not that ridiculous.

I take a bite of the crepe and do everything in my power to hold it down. I smile at him and he returns the gesture. We make small talk as we eat though Louis eats all but the one crepe I'm eating. Damn.

"C'mon. Let's get the place ready for your party," I tell him. He groans, but knows we have a lot to do. We still have to get dressed, cook food, clean the place and so much more.