Chapter XVII: The Ball Pit Car

A/N: And here it is, the dreaded and infamous Ball Pit Car. Now, like I said, this would be the storm of my story. And it will be very heavy. Those of you with weak constitutions, I suggest you refrain from reading this if you don't wish to be triggered.

Today was the first day of the rest of their lives. Or at least, it was meant to be. As it turned out, their "marriage" was only a figment created for them to learn their lessons. Of course, it didn't mean it was fake. The moments they shared together were real. Their first kiss was proof of that. And that was just one of the previous moments they've had.

Every moment before that was just as real, from the first time they met up until now. And they made each one of them count, especially their most recent moment together. While everyone else fell asleep, Tulip and Bryce headed back to the Matchmaking Car to try out the Lovebirds' Nest after the latter was persuaded. He wasn't sure about it at first, but Tulip assured him that if he was ready to take that step, she'd take it with him. And he did.

With that step, the two of them grew closer than ever. They trusted each other with their bodies, their hearts, and their souls. Beyond that, what happens in the Lovebirds' Nest stays in the Lovebirds' Nest. Coincidentally, it just so happened to be it's policy. The two of them stuck to it; neither of them were sure how their parents would take it.

The next morning, Tulip woke up to find herself in the resting area of the Graph Chart Car. It held a small couch that doubles as a trundle with a table and lamp combo beside it with a red chair on the adjacent side of it. And while Bryce laid next to her on the trundle, Penny was sleeping on Bailey's lap alongside Ava with Atticus and Rexy sleeping at their feet with the dinosaur inadvertently brushing Atticus' fur backwards and One-One sitting on the table. She gave a soft smile as she sat up and looked to the dozing Bryce before she prodded his forehead.

"Come on, big guy. Wake up."

Bryce stirred from his slumber, slowly opening his eyes to see a beautiful, long, red-haired girl in front of him. She was already dressed back up in her original clothes, though her jacket wasn't on her. He smiled back at her as he sat up from the trundle.

"Morning, Tulip."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Don't know. I'm still seeing you right now."

Tulip lightly laughed at Bryce's words as she spoke.

"Come on, Bryce. I'm serious."

"So am I. I can't help it if you're in my head all the time. Not that I don't enjoy looking at you."

"Well, that's nice of you to say. Must've had a good time sleeping, then."

"You bet."

Tulip got up off of the couch to pick up her glasses from the table beside One-One, and her backpack from the floor. At the same time, Bryce got off of the couch to pick up his jacket from the chair that Penny and Ava used as a makeshift blanket just as the former yawned awake and blinked her eyes open to see Bryce and Tulip going out of the door. Next, it was Tulip's turn to yawn as she stretched herself before blowing on her glasses and wiping them clean with her own jacket before looking to her number "3" on the palm of her hand. It hadn't changed since the Chrome Car, and Bryce's own number was a tad above hers. All the better to know how far they've come since they met.

Tulip tied her hair back up into a ponytail with her black rubber band as she and Bryce sat by the edge of the red line that took them to the resting place. As they sat down, Penny got out of the door next, rubbing her eyes with her arm as she spoke in a soft moan.