Chapter XIV: The Resistance Car Part 2

A/N: Surprise! Here is the final part of The Resistance Car. I know I said it'd be much later, like late August or early September, but I just couldn't put this climax down, especially not with its 1st anniversary approaching. So, you'll find it is a much longer chapter than the others. In fact, it may be the longest chapter I've ever created. And while in the process of making it, I happened to see the trailer for Book Three. So, you'll find a couple of surprise guests in this chapter, as well as one more surprise at the end, but for the sake of the story, I won't spoil anything. And also, I decided that after this chapter will come highly anticipated "Chrome Car". And it will come sometime next week, so you can look forward to that. Until then, I hope you have a good time reading this. :)

In the lab, Bailey analyzed the machine. She'd been told by the Tinkerer to work on it while he took care of interrogating Tabitha. She didn't much like being put in that position, especially when it means her friend's life. Seeing her hurt was the last thing she wanted, let alone the fact that it was because of her. However, as Bailey analyzed the machine, she realized that there was a silver lining.

It was that very machine that helped her see the little girl inside the cube and made her snap out of Chain's control. But she looked sad and heartbroken. Maybe if someone could get inside and help it, everything might go back to normal. It's almost opportune. Although, there is a chance that it could all go wrong. And she's not sure if anyone should take that chance. In that moment, One-One checked up on her.

"Are you alright, Ms. Bailey?"

Bailey turned back to One-One and answered him before looking to the center of the lab where the Tinkerer tied up Tabitha.

"Honestly... I don't know anymore."

Tabitha was being tied up with her arms behind her wrists with a small blue device that acted as handcuffs as they connected to her arms while the Tinkerer was snickering to himself. For too long, he'd gone on without the proper recognition. But now, it's going to change. Apparently, he'd done what no other Scarecrow had done before: he has captured the Renegade. He could do nothing but imagine the inevitable accolades he'd be receiving as both One-One and Bailey looked on before both halves commented his success while the latter only became filled with shame.

"Good. That will do. Wait until the other Scarecrows catch wind of my triumph. At last, things are going to go my way for once."

"Well, hats off to you, sir. Congratulations."

"Too bad that victory's not gonna last..."

However, Tabitha wasn't happy with him. She'd just found out who caused the Shutdown in the first place. Before today, she wondered how Osore managed to sneak in the car and corrupt the Cube of Creation. She wondered how it was possible for someone like him to get as close as he did with the security they had. Now, it all made sense. It was all his fault. And she wasn't in any mood to forgive him.

"I hope you're proud of yourself, Julian."

The Tinkerer only turned back to Tabitha with a smirk as he retorted.

"Not as proud as you are, throwing your life away in a desperate bid for redemption."

Tabitha only maintained her scowl towards him before the Tinkerer proceeded his business of interrogation.

"Now, tell me... How did you sneak past the barrier of the city? You couldn't possibly have done this alone, not even on your best day."

Tabitha only glared at her interrogator. She wasn't willing to give them up to him.