Chapter XV: The Chrome Car

A/N: Hello. :) Here is the Chrome Car as promised. I know many of you have waited for this chapter, so I was hard at work trying to prepare this chapter. I hope this is to your liking. :)

This was a new day for Tulip and Bryce. Before they came across Penny's home car and restored it, they, Atticus, and One-One used to be all that she has. But now, with three more members on board, her mother, Ava, and Rexy, Penny had them as good company as well. Ava and Rexy already knew her story during their adventure, but Bailey was out of the loop on that. During the long travel, though, Penny told her mother about everything she'd been through since she last saw her as a baby.

Tabitha had raised her for 6 years in the Orphanage Car that consisted of the surviving children of the Shutdown Incident, where passengers would look for a child, missing or otherwise, and select one for adoption. It took her six years for her to be adopted until she met Bryce. She wasn't sure if he was the one when she first saw him, but because of his patience, along with his gentle words, she came to trust him. Since then, he did everything he could to keep her safe. But things got complicated when she learned the bitter truth about him: he'd been sent to the train because he stole from the bank.

Such an action was wrong in itself, but she was mad because she felt she was being lied to. It made her upset and she ran away. But as a result, the one who corrupted her home to begin with, Osore, captured her and tortured the poor girl. Fortunately, Bryce, Tulip, Atticus, and One-One freed her and saved her from the Boogeyman. Of course, it wasn't until the Unfinished Car that they found out his shadow still lurked.

When the shadow was out in the open from Penny's self-doubt and pity, Bryce fought the monster off and comforted her like a big brother should. With that doubt and fear weakened, the monster could not thrive, and it shriveled to dust. After that, their travels went on as usual until they encountered Penny's car. Bailey didn't need to know what happened from there as she was a part of it. But even as she exited the car full of jelly beans and brushed her hair with Penny to shake the candies off of them, Bailey was still flabbergasted.

"What? You've really been through all of that?"

"Yep."

"Wow. No wonder you knew what to say."

"What can I say? I've had a good big brother."

Speaking of, Bryce and Tulip exited the car with Atticus, Ava, Rexy, and One-One. Though, they weren't used to having jelly beans in places where they weren't supposed to be, least of all Tulip and Atticus as the latter had countless beans in his fur.

"Why are there so many cars where I pick stuff out of my hair?"

"You're telling me."

Atticus grunted as he shook off the beans from his fur. Some of them flew near Penny and Bailey as they covered their faces to protect themselves from the scattered beans. Of course, the daughter laughed it off while the mother spoke.

"Hey! Watch where you fling those things!"

Tulip gave a slight chuckle at this before she decided to help clean Atticus herself. Funny as it was to watch, she had a feeling the cleanup would go faster by lending a hand.

"Here, let me help."

As Tulip brushed off the beans, Bryce was helping Ava with her hair as the beans were hidden within. Ava feared the help was strenuous.

"Are you sure it isn't going to hurt?"

"Don't worry, Ava. This isn't the first time I've picked something out of someone's hair."