Chapter XII: The Revelation Car

A/N: Hello. :) Sorry it took so long, but here is part two of the Forsaken Car. Now, to make sure you're aware, there is actually going to be three parts in all for the Forsaken Car arc. But, there's also going to be some interesting twists along the way, some you're familiar with, and some you didn't expect. But as a whole, I promise to make this arc especially meaningful as it focuses more on Penny's story. I hope you can enjoy part two. :)

Penny was in utter distraught from seeing what was in front of her eyes. Before then, those same eyes witnessed the very day her parents met and how much they cared for each other since. She wanted to tell the others what she saw, but that opportunity was taken from her, and her friends along with it. She could see them being held captive by Pike and Varicose. And it made her so scared she couldn't hold back the first words that came out of her mouth.

"No! Stop!"

Unfortunately, the two Scarecrows heard the girl's shouting and turned quickly to see her, standing out in the open through the large hole in the living room. Seeing the little girl, who started to show fear on her face as they glared at er, Varicose and Pike quickly took interest.

"What is that girl?"

"It must be another passenger."

"Well, then why didn't we notice her before?"

As they tried to figure it out, Bryce tried his best to keep his little sister away from danger as he turned to her and shouted with desperation.

"No, Penny! Don't worry about us! Just go!"

"But I can't just leave you!"

Witnessing the moment between them, Varicose spoke to the girl with a demanding tone, interrupting the scene.

"You don't have to worry about that, little girl! Because you won't be leaving at all!"

Varicose then proceeded to give chase, turning into a black cloud as Penny tried to run through the hole that exposed the house to the outside. As the cloud headed straight for her, Penny tried to outmaneuver him by going around him in her left, but unfortunately, Varicose's arm got out through the mist before it parted to show his tall figure holding her by the back of her shirt into the air, much to Tulip's worry as she shouted at the snickering Varicose, much to Pike's annoyance.

"No! Leave her alone!"

"Quiet, passenger! It's for your own good."

Varicose then clutched onto her right hand with his open one, earning a whimper from the girl as he spoke with a sneer.

"Now, then. Let's see what number you've got."

When Varicose opened it, however, he was utterly dumbfounded to see one important detail: there was no number on her hand at all. The blankness of her palm practically mocked him as he growled in suspicion.

"What? It should be here!"

Seeing Varicose's flummoxed reaction, Pike tried to check with his partner.

"What is it, Varicose?"

"This girl doesn't have a number at all!"

"What?"

This wasn't something unheard of for the Scarecrows. But how could she not have a number? The only other person they dealt with that didn't have one was the Renegade. Whatever the reason, he knew it had to be too unlikely to be true.

"Did you check her other hand?"

Varicose then opened Penny's left palm only to find it untainted by a green glow, further being angered.