Chapter 42

The past few weeks felt strange.

It's not like his usual life had changed entirely, but more like something changed in it.

He had been settling down into the feeling of knowing how it's like to be overprotected. There was not a single day when he was even allowed to leave the house on his own, lesser going out for that part.

Though he still hung out with Wonpil and Doyoung, both of his friends oh so secretly ( note the sarcasm ) glaring at every stranger getting too close to him for their comfort.

Eunjeong and Taeyong always came picking him up when he was bored out of his mind, nowadays Wonpil walking beside him home after school.

It's been like a pause, almost like a time where he could relax more than he did when he was alone. Jinyoung would be lying if he didn't admit he was enjoying it to its fullest.

But one thing was very hard to ignore. And then he meant very, very hard since it plagued him almost everyday.

His thoughts kept wandering back to six idiots when an opportunity was given and it would end up with him thinking about them for the rest of the night. Kind of like a very unhealthy circle, he could assume.

Don't get him wrong, he liked walking home with Wonpil but sometimes he would end up being the third wheel again and it made him miss Youngjae, how the younger usually walked his bike beside Hinz

Plus, don't tell them this though, he missed Yugyeom's and BamBam's annoyingly loud screams in something that sounded like skrrt skrrt and easy.

He missed being able to read together with Mark as they both sat together in the library to avoid the noise and food wars in the lunchroom.

It felt somewhat empty without Jackson being close to him, the older always seemingly attached to him and finding him everywhere he went. Sometimes he even found himself missing the way Jackson would crack corny jokes and make faces.

And Jaebum. His childhood friend, best friend, practically soulmate. They hadn't spoken at all in the last month. He had only seen the older wave at him when they had the same class, but it never went beyond that.

To be honest, he was still shy about it, even embarrassed Jaebum remembered him from before while he had no idea. Dammit, he still couldn't believe he forgot when he was the supposed to be waiting.

Otherwise, his life has gotten better. Not every day was a bad day, at least.

He was still worried about Minjun, who had been surprisingly quiet for a while. His ex boyfriend hadn't shown any signs on following him, but Jinyoung knew better.

Even if he wasn't alone that often anymore, he was always cautious to the point where it bugged him that he literally had no privacy. But then, he'd rather not have Minjun attacking him again while he was with any of his friends.

The threats Minjun promised him still lingered in his head.

He was just happy he had time to breathe out lately, even if he constantly glanced behind every time he went somewhere. It was a bad habit, he knew, but he was working on it. At least trying to.

Jinyoung sighed, looking at the sunset from his window. He has been thinking way too much these days.

A caller ID brightened up on his screen and the brunette blinked, realizing his phone was vibrating on his hand.