43- WHAT CHARLOTTE DRAMA?

"What on earth was that?!" Charlotte exclaimed, just as the ball hit her.

"I'm sorry!" I said quickly, hurrying over to her. However, Natalie and Alex pushed me aside. We were currently taking our tests in P.E class. For the past two days, we've been having tests in our classes and this, according to the school's calendar, will continue for the rest of the week.

Mr Grant had asked us to do a couple of games and exercises, separating males from females, while he graded us. We were currently playing "pass the ball" and I had mistakenly sent the ball too hard to Charlotte.

"Are you hurt?" Alex asked. I rolled my eyes. It wasn't like it hit her face, she was quick to deflect it with her arms. However, I still was sorry.

"I'm really sorry." I said again. Charlotte nodded.

"Alright!" Mr Grant called, making us go back to our lines. "Two points down, Pears."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "It was an accident."

"Was it?" Natalie sneered.

"Obviously, it was!"

"Didn't seem like to me." Alex shrugged.

"That's enough!" Mr Grant bellowed. "Moving on to basketball. I need two teams!"

I muttered to myself a little. Apparently, one can't make a mistake in P.E anymore! I noticed Charlotte was staring at me, but when I looked at her, she looked away. However, she did look like she was trying to figure me out.

I could only hope she didn't think I did that intentionally!

~~~

"That was the weirdest Maths test ever!" Ethan exclaimed as we headed towards the cafeteria. We had just concluded our maths test and it was indeed weird! Mr Grant had shared us into various groups of four and had given each group a question paper containing difficult maths questions.

Unfortunately, my group had consisted of Ethan, Clara, Vincent and me. And three of us four disliked Mathematics! Only Ethan  liked it. However, it was one thing to like a subject and it was another thing to know the subject!

"I thought you said you knew what you were doing!" I exclaimed.

"I did then! But I'm not sure anymore." Ethan pouted. I groaned.

"Dear Lord, have mercy on me please!" I prayed.

"Don't be selfish with your prayer!" Ethan pouted, nudging me.

"Have mercy on Vincent and Clara, Lord." I continued. Ethan gasped as I omitted his name.

"Not fair!" I laughed at his hurt face.

"Ethan too, Lord!" He grinned and I couldn't help but grin along as we walked into the cafeteria.

"Um, would you like to sit with us?" I asked, suddenly. Ethan was taken aback by my question. I didn't blame him. Even I was surprised I asked.

Just then, my mind flashed back to my meeting with my friends on Monday. Cecilia had 'passed' Lucas's question about Ethan's constant texts to her. I suddenly wished I didn't ask. Thankfully, however, Ethan politely declined.

"Wow, I appreciate the offer. But I don't think my friends will like the idea." I knew Ethan didn't mean that I wasn't his friend. But still, I felt a bit sad as reality dawned on me that no matter how close Ethan and I could get, he was still going to stick to the bullies, his friends.

"It's alright. See you later!" I said, about to take my leave. But Ethan held me back by my hand.

"Sam, you're not supposed to know this, but Caleb and Ryan are planning something and I think you're going to help them carry it out, as their slave." I nodded gratefully, as he let me go.